No announcement yet.

Mayweather Mitt work all shallow?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Live2box View Post
    Got it. Yes I do the same. What some of my fellow trainers do was making it too easy for the boxer to avoid (by hooking the pad too high or short off the mark) but yeah still known routine to both me and my boxer. Are we on the same page?
    Yes mate - that is pretty much what I mean.

I do still throw random shots at the boxer at certain times just to ensure the haven't switched off.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
      So how are those perfect, textbook technique champions coming along that you train? Some footage of your work would be great to learn from, so let's see it.
      What do you want to see exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
        Yes mate - that is pretty much what I mean.

I do still throw random shots at the boxer at certain times just to ensure the haven't switched off.
        Yeah..good idea to help them stay sharp.

Comment

What do you want to see exactly?
          Your work. Until then, you're just trolling and it's a bad look for someone your age.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
            Your work. Until then, you're just trolling and it's a bad look for someone your age.
            How old are you?

Comment

Have you ever noticed that Floyd is always on retreat? He never moves forward to contol its always retreat!! One dimentional counter punchers drill, step back, fire! When he punches the punch gets retracted on contact all the time. He never stops the guy in the suit or the mittman, they just keep coming! You'd think they would train with a bit more dimention especially the mind set that encourages dominating. To be in control by backing off and countering can be frustrating to any opponent but leading and putting someone on the defense is the safest and most successful way to box.
              Willie Pep and fellows like B. Leonard were magnificient master boxer and some can say that Floyd jr. is in that company but counter moves and counter punching will be in jepardy when the legs begin to weaken and they do regress first, sometimes suddenly! I'm very aware that Floyd is very aware of that he's try to avoid at all costs having to stand and fight for a greater percentage of the rounds thayts why he fights "slow handed" slow moving" boxers.
              ..."How You train, is who You are".........................."quote" Me! hahahaha!

Looked like the gym had an "open day", if you notice alot of boxers use the mitts on those occasions!! Very Flashy, Poppy, Snappy and Impressive!

Any videos of Floyd on a Bag??? I wonder if he sinks deep punches in on it??

Either way the Mitt session is fun and obviously Floyd likes it and thats a big part of having a good camp. Keep the fighter happy boys! Ray.

Comment

How old are you?
                Younger than 32, old enough to comprehend various styles of mitt work and their benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Have you ever noticed that Floyd is always on retreat? He never moves forward to contol its always retreat!!
                  So you've never seen Floyd walk guys down in his fights? Or fight by staying in the pocket?

It doesn't seem like you study him very carefully.

Comment

.............talking about Mitt work here and techniques! Methods and techniques applied to Mitt work!
                    I saw him box when he was 11yrs old, I handled fighters who foughtFloyd Sr. and Roger in the amatuers and the pros and the entire Mayweather Family hahahaha not much anyone here can tell me about them!
                    How about yourself? Do you have any personal experiences with them?? Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      Any videos of Floyd on a Bag??? I wonder if he sinks deep punches in on it??
                      @4:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP74yt0HwMA

Comment

Working...
                      X