Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Skill of the Day Miguel Cotto vs Austin Trout Conventional vs Southpaw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Skill of the Day Miguel Cotto vs Austin Trout Conventional vs Southpaw

Miguel Cotto is naturally left handed which is why he has a good left hook. In fact most of his knockouts have been with his left hook. Hopefully Cotto and his trainer studied Andre Ward seminary win over Chad Dawson. In that fight Ward demonstrates how to set up the left hook vs a southpaw.

Cottos never really had a problem with southpaws, good defenses on the other hand...(not saying trout has that level of defensive skill). His jab is always effective, even against southpaws weirdly enough. Needs to use his right hand more, especially against southpaws.

I think with pedro he is in good hands and will be prepared properly.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
      Cottos never really had a problem with southpaws, good defenses on the other hand...(not saying trout has that level of defensive skill). His jab is always effective, even against southpaws weirdly enough. Needs to use his right hand more, especially against southpaws.

I think with pedro he is in good hands and will be prepared properly.
      I worked with Pedro Diaz in Ft Lauderdale when he was training Jean Pascal for his second fight vs the shark. He's an EXCELLENT trainer and there's much more than the basic boxing 101's of righty vs lefty.

I have no doubt Diaz will have him with the right strategy but that's just half of what boxing is, the other half is having the fighter execute that strategy.

I agree with you about Cotto and him fighting Southpaws. Great jab, which isn't always effective vs a lefty and works his way in nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        I worked with Pedro Diaz in Ft Lauderdale when he was training Jean Pascal for his second fight vs the shark. He's an EXCELLENT trainer and there's much more than the basic boxing 101's of righty vs lefty.

I have no doubt Diaz will have him with the right strategy but that's just half of what boxing is, the other half is having the fighter execute that strategy.

I agree with you about Cotto and him fighting Southpaws. Great jab, which isn't always effective vs a lefty and works his way in nicely.
        Don't be a dick and disrespectful! Pedro Diaz is an outstanding coach and a brilliant teacher. He is creative, unconventional, and goes beyond the basics you learn in manuals. An artist.

Comment

Not sure about the Team Cotto's game plan. Since round 1 they have been trying to set up the left hook with a right hook to the body. Trout has good eyes and can see that from a mile away. The best way to penetrate a circle is. Straight line. I think they should try to show the straight right hand to the body and sit down on the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
            Not sure about the Team Cotto's game plan. Since round 1 they have been trying to set up the left hook with a right hook to the body. Trout has good eyes and can see that from a mile away. The best way to penetrate a circle is. Straight line. I think they should try to show the straight right hand to the body and sit down on the hook.
            Cotto is fighting like a Mixed Martial Artist or a Kickboxer. Combinations featuring multiple hooks without a straight punch between them. That's amateur striking. I'm shocked. He fought Mayweather smart and his coach Pedro went to college.

Comment

Andre Ward provided us with a free upgrade (conventional vs southpaw 12.0).... Homework.. Set the hook up

Comment

Working...
              X