No announcement yet.

If you have money invest in a Vitamix or Blendtec blender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post

I’ve tried everything under the sun at one point. It’s funny coming back to something like creatine just for something to do. Everything is going up in price these days so I figured this will be the cheapest it will ever be. Yeah I took 20g the first day. I then switched to 10g a day for next couple days, but will now just take 5g. No point stressing.
    I’ve always just taken a whey powder. I used to drink stuff that was as thick as paint back in the 90s. Now it blends so well and tastes pretty good, I just scull it anyway. Protein shakes tend to curb my appetite which is one of my favourite benefits from them.
    All the rage seems to be pre workout powders? I’m not even sure what is in them. We used to sometimes take caffeine, ephedrine and aspirin way back when.I never liked caffeine or being wired.
    I like working out and then chugging a shake, then I feel like I don’t have to worry about anything after that.
    Anyway the Mr. Olympia is two months away and that always motivates me. Love to see people make improvements.
    When lifting weights they said to stay motivated look in the mirror and admire your pump, flex and imagine you are growing, they said its a mind body connection. Man seeing my muscles swole right after working out was the best, its a good feeling too that pump, and when you get just enough muscle so the clothes fit well and form fitting makes you feel good.

I like when my shirt sleeves on my T shirt fit like this

main-t-shirt-hemsworth-1499949089.jpg

Hec90e45291124f2c9a51a17778ca8babF.jpg
    Barbell-Apparel-T-Shirt.png
    Blond Beast Blond Beast likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

When lifting weights they said to stay motivated look in the mirror and admire your pump, flex and imagine you are growing, they said its a mind body connection. Man seeing my muscles swole right after working out was the best, its a good feeling too that pump, and when you get just enough muscle so the clothes fit well and form fitting makes you feel good.

I like when my shirt sleeves on my T shirt fit like this

main-t-shirt-hemsworth-1499949089.jpg

Hec90e45291124f2c9a51a17778ca8babF.jpg
      Barbell-Apparel-T-Shirt.png
      I totally agree! I tell people to trust their eyes more than the scale. You can take off fat and ad muscle, weigh the same but look very different at that weight.
      I tell people not to be embarrassed about flexing in the mirror. Nothing wrong with looking good and feeling good. You can do it while you are alone if you want. You don’t have to be obnoxious about it. Gains are what motivate people. If you don’t take a look then you don’t know.
      Get this, Just this morning after my arm workout I put on a %90 polyester %10 spandex shirt from Costco. Not expensive at all, but very light and form fitting. It’s been a while and It felt amazing. I even texted my brother ( he’s jacked ) to tell him how much I liked these shirts. I’ve got so many brand name shirts where the sleeves start to curl and roll up on their own. Sometimes it will happen to one sleeve but not the other essentially making the shirt asymmetrical and useless.
      The sleeves on these don’t even ride up too high. Bamboo shirts are nice too if you ever find one.
      I have a Tommy Bahama shirt a gf got me that is %32 polyester and %62 “Suprima” cotton which is this %1 rare and made in one area of the USA. The shirt felt so great and unique I had too look at the tag and research it. It’s a collared pullover shirt, it’s not thin, but it’s also perforated so it breathes. It’s form fitting and both short sleeves wrap over my whole biceps and never ride up. It’s a nice look cause it shows the muscularity without trying too hard. You don’t have to keep pulling down the sleeves. It’s a bit unique to most of their stuff, cause you need to be a bit fit to pull it off. Obviously Tommy Bahama is expensive but they last. They make good gifts, and always worth a look if found on sale. I know the stigma is that most of their stuff is for rich fat tourists types. That’s not me. But I do get it because somehow I fit into a couple of their mediums. I think it was Mac from Always Sunny in Philadelphia that said Tommy Bahama is great cause they hide your gut lol
      hectari hectari likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post

I totally agree! I tell people to trust their eyes more than the scale. You can take off fat and ad muscle, weigh the same but look very different at that weight.
        I tell people not to be embarrassed about flexing in the mirror. Nothing wrong with looking good and feeling good. You can do it while you are alone if you want. You don’t have to be obnoxious about it. Gains are what motivate people. If you don’t take a look then you don’t know.
        Get this, Just this morning after my arm workout I put on a %90 polyester %10 spandex shirt from Costco. Not expensive at all, but very light and form fitting. It’s been a while and It felt amazing. I even texted my brother ( he’s jacked ) to tell him how much I liked these shirts. I’ve got so many brand name shirts where the sleeves start to curl and roll up on their own. Sometimes it will happen to one sleeve but not the other essentially making the shirt asymmetrical and useless.
        The sleeves on these don’t even ride up too high. Bamboo shirts are nice too if you ever find one.
        I have a Tommy Bahama shirt a gf got me that is %32 polyester and %62 “Suprima” cotton which is this %1 rare and made in one area of the USA. The shirt felt so great and unique I had too look at the tag and research it. It’s a collared pullover shirt, it’s not thin, but it’s also perforated so it breathes. It’s form fitting and both short sleeves wrap over my whole biceps and never ride up. It’s a nice look cause it shows the muscularity without trying too hard. You don’t have to keep pulling down the sleeves. It’s a bit unique to most of their stuff, cause you need to be a bit fit to pull it off. Obviously Tommy Bahama is expensive but they last. They make good gifts, and always worth a look if found on sale. I know the stigma is that most of their stuff is for rich fat tourists types. That’s not me. But I do get it because somehow I fit into a couple of their mediums. I think it was Mac from Always Sunny in Philadelphia that said Tommy Bahama is great cause they hide your gut lol
        Yeah they call it the Muscle to mind connection, you have to visualize and believe you are swole and jacked when lifting, nothing beats being pumped and taking a shower and smelling good and putting on fresh fitting clothes and going out on the beach or a night out, staying in shape is great for the mind too

I never understood how anyone can be fat? I dont buy that slow metabolism thing, I barely work out now and im slim but I only eat a few meals, you dont even need to work out and you can stay slim by cutting calories, Fat people are weird. im going to start hitting the gym now since the hot humid weather is gone. I couldn't lift for 4 months out here cause it was so humid.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

Yeah they call it the Muscle to mind connection, you have to visualize and believe you are swole and jacked when lifting, nothing beats being pumped and taking a shower and smelling good and putting on fresh fitting clothes and going out on the beach or a night out, staying in shape is great for the mind too

I never understood how anyone can be fat? I dont buy that slow metabolism thing, I barely work out now and im slim but I only eat a few meals, you dont even need to work out and you can stay slim by cutting calories, Fat people are weird. im going to start hitting the gym now since the hot humid weather is gone. I couldn't lift for 4 months out here cause it was so humid.
          I know a lot of ex bodybuilders say if I’m going to be downsized I might as well be lean. I wish proper diet and nutrition was taught in schools but it will never happen. It will offend too many people. Plus there’s too many talking heads, money, products, marketing involved now.
          Just look at fitness influencers on YouTube. “This is the best way….” “This is the worst exercise…” “ this is the only….” “Never do this…” “always do this…” “you are doing this wrong…” they have to come up with a new slogan every few days for their thumbnails with a big red arrow. It’s like the old magazines that tell you each month the only and best way to train chest or arms. It’s entertainment not something to be taken as gospel.
          I always hear “believe the science” when it comes to certain issues, but nobody wants to believe it for others.
          People just lie or have no clue about how many calories they are actually eating. Sometimes that goes for people trying to put on weight too. If a third party counted it all then you’d see.
          I’ve seen fat children become elite bodybuilders. I’ve seen every race and country get shredded on stage. There’s different genetics, everyone has body parts that grow easily and others parts that don’t. Maybe there’s some mix in metabolism but there’s never ever been any proof that it swings wildly. Nobody eats 2k calories and somehow manages to be 300lbs fat or muscle.
          I have very sensitive digestion. I bloat, my intestines get irritated. That holds me back from being 300lbs fat but also 300lbs muscle if that’s what I wanted to do. I mean I could power through it but be constantly uncomfortable. I feel my best with nothing in me. I don’t get angry without food for long periods. I get angry when I overeat and am in pain and don’t want to be around anyone.
          Get a scale. Count your calories. Don’t cheat. You want to gain or lose, you will have to suffer a bit.
          Hope you have a good run back in the gym. When you know what you are doing it’s not a big deal to take time off for whatever reason. The best advice to people especially as we get older is to not let yourself get too overweight on your down periods. You will spend months getting it off to finally look good and then be too burnt out to continue.
          hectari hectari likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X