Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the fear/nerves of sparring ever go away from some of you ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElGuero408 View Post
    great stuff guys. Ever seen a guy get KO with 16 oz gloves?
    with 14 here but the guy was outweighed by like 20 pounds

Comment

Yeah it happens. Protect yourself at all times

Comment

not sure i done alot of competition in bjj,wrestling,mma and muay thai so maybe thats why i dont really get nervous, im really calm until i start getting going... but i would guess my first amateur boxing fight will be a bit nervous before, but at the end of the day its all the same time to work when you touch gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          " Either you make the fear/nerves work for you, to keep you sharp, or you let the fear consume you and you fold."
          Great point - that is the best way to look at it. Your body produces extra adrenalin when your nervous/anxious to do what you've got to do. Just got to make sure you're not getting overwhelmed by it.

Comment

I still hear a lot of pros saying they are scared . I can relate .. I have big nerves just thinking I am going to spar. This occurs until I tap gloves with my parter ; after that it is all instinct and I'm calmed .

How do you all feel ?
            I think it's totally normal to be anxious before going into a fight or a sparring match...especially if you've never sparred this person before. The anxiety tends to fade if you're sparring the same partner often. But if it's someone new, I think most people get a little nervous before touching gloves. Kind of gives you a glimpse perspective of what pro-fighters go through all the time. There's a certain amount of respect I give all pro-fighters who step into the ring to make a living...that **** ain't easy.

Comment

It depends on a lot of things mate. If you're the type of person who gets nervous generally then it may never totally go away, by will die down a bit. I've been boxing for years and usually only have light nerves when i know i'm sparring someone that i won't get the better of. Other than that it's all about confidence, if you're sparring someone with les experience than you you'll feel more relaxed. I always get nervous before a fight though, no matter how many times i do it. Nerves can be your worst enemy in the ring, they slow you down, take the power out of your punches and can even help to dehydrate you, the better you cna control them the better you'll perform. Sometimes there's benefit to being a bit ****y.

Comment

Iv seen people get dropped with body shots in 16s no kos though but 14s is a different story

Comment

Working...
                X