No announcement yet.

Regaining confidence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Even Floyd Mayweather, the best defensive fighter in the entire game... gets a bloody nose... Keep at it.
    Yup....not to mention Floyd got spanked by Spadafora in sparring, comes with the territory.

Comment

i gotten rocked once, that experience turned me from a fast charging offensive fighter into a defensive, conservative counter puncher.

Comment

Thanks guys, some interesting advice on here.

Update: Today I paced in front of the gym door for 5mins, before I said **** it and went in.

We did two 2min rounds rotating out and work on bad habbits while the other people worked in the ring 3x.

First set my output was low, and was focusing on countering. I did turtle up and made some rookie mistakes ie) looking at the floor when covering up. But i was commiting to my punches.

Second set I got hit clean, and started pulling short again.

Final set I stayed in there and took a few good ones, and fought to win instead of survive. I still feel a little let down though.

Comment

I took an ass whooping in one of my fights and got put off from contending because I seemed so bad. Fortunately I was away from house so no one I realized seen, but it places questions in your go.

Comment

Working...
          X