Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitting yourself in the head for 'punch resistance'?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VIPrice View Post
    lol... people do some crazy **** to gain an edge. sounds like it works tho.
    BERLIN (Reuters) - Vitali Klitschko used his son's wet diapers to keep his fists from swelling up after winning his WBC heavyweight title bout against Nigeria's Samuel Peter, the Ukrainian told a German newspaper on Tuesday.

Klitschko said he wrapped them around his hands and it helped him recover.

"Baby wee is good because it's pure, doesn't contain toxins and doesn't smell," the 37-year old boxer told Bild after he won back the WBC title on Saturday.

"I wrap nappies filled with my three-year-old son Max's wee around my fists," he said, adding he got the idea from his grandmother. "The nappies hold the liquid and the swelling stays down."

Klitschko said Peter should try the diaper trick as well.

supposedly the uric acid helps with swelling or something.

Comment

I'm not sure if I took a few too many punches in sparring last night or if I've seen this thread somewhere else before...

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
        it wasnt beef blood, but a very salty beef broth.

well actually it seems like there were alot of things from wine vinegar and even horse urine, but i havnt ever herd about cow blood.
        it was brine from all that i have read.

the manassa mauler (randy roberts) and the roger khan book. a flame of pure fire, i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
          BERLIN (Reuters) - Vitali Klitschko used his son's wet diapers to keep his fists from swelling up after winning his WBC heavyweight title bout against Nigeria's Samuel Peter, the Ukrainian told a German newspaper on Tuesday.

Klitschko said he wrapped them around his hands and it helped him recover.

"Baby wee is good because it's pure, doesn't contain toxins and doesn't smell," the 37-year old boxer told Bild after he won back the WBC title on Saturday.

"I wrap nappies filled with my three-year-old son Max's wee around my fists," he said, adding he got the idea from his grandmother. "The nappies hold the liquid and the swelling stays down."

Klitschko said Peter should try the diaper trick as well.

supposedly the uric acid helps with swelling or something.
          why is his kid wearing a diaper at three....and uric acid. aren't those the crystals that build up and create gout crystals?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            why is his kid wearing a diaper at three....and uric acid. aren't those the crystals that build up and create gout crystals?
            I'm just curious who the first guy to try this was....

"My hands hurt, maybe I should have a child pee on them?" Definately not in the scope of ideas i'd come up with. I'd have tried ice first.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
              I'm just curious who the first guy to try this was....

"My hands hurt, maybe I should have a child pee on them?" Definately not in the scope of ideas i'd come up with. I'd have tried ice first.
              if you burn your self on the stove or where ever really bad, one of the best things you can do for the pain is pee on it. of course your going to want to put burn ointment on it first and bandage it up, but if the pain still isnt bearable peeing on it will help fom what ive herd workign in a kitchen.

same thing with jellyfish stings, but thats more so because your in the ocean and theres usually not as much access to medical supplies.
              Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 05-21-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

learning to keep you chin down and hands up>>>chin exercises

Comment

Working...
                X