Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Strength & Conditioning replaced Boxing Training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey BarryRobinson.....

I have check the blog which is best for strengthening and conditioning of body as well . I have found it very helpful article as well . Thanks for sharing here .

Comment

Originally posted by petersuang View Post
      Hey BarryRobinson.....

I have check the blog which is best for strengthening and conditioning of body as well . I have found it very helpful article as well . Thanks for sharing here .
      Thanks for reading it brother. Share it around if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420
        Barry, you're so delicate with your words, It is hard to imagine you actually hitting another human being.

I would like to see you introduce some Barry Robinson Jr. Killer instinct youtube videos in the near future.

I got faith in you...
        In my opinion I think as we develop as athletes and human beings, the fitness demands increase the need for S & C. Saying that a lot of it is a money making fad that does that the attention away from skills, which of course, when learning, is the most important thing in the world!

Boxing training is of course the best conditioning for boxers. It is important to have a good balance between boxing specific training and S & C. Too many people are most concerned about their 100kg Bench or run times that dedicating themselves to bag work, sparring etc. My S & C is vgery important to me and I do dedicate 5 days a week to it but I never put it in front of the basics. Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420
          Barry, you're so delicate with your words, It is hard to imagine you actually hitting another human being.

I would like to see you introduce some Barry Robinson Jr. Killer instinct youtube videos in the near future.

I got faith in you...
          That's not a very smart comment.

If you want to here tough talk and ignorance, put your faith somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post

X2

That is a pathetic comment...

Comment

My comment came across the wrong way. I apologize for that. I didn't mean it to be offensive. After rereading it this morning, I can see my choice of words were poor. Sorry Barry, It was a post I didn't even think twice about and should have. What I meant (and I may be digging a deeper hole here) that you sound like a nice guy, you're relaxed and having a good time in all your videos, and I was just thinking it'd be cool if you had some fights or intense sparring videos featuring yourself.
              But like I said earlier, very poor choice of words on my part. I didn't even think twice about that post, it was a "thinking out loud" kind of post, and today it reminded me to stop being so casual in my posting, but to be mindful of how things can come across on the internet.
              Last edited by DIB42; 02-15-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
                My comment came across the wrong way. I apologize for that. I didn't mean it to be offensive. After rereading it this morning, I can see my choice of words were poor. Sorry Barry, It was a post I didn't even think twice about and should have. What I meant (and I may be digging a deeper hole here) that you sound like a nice guy, you're relaxed and having a good time in all your videos, and I was just thinking it'd be cool if you had some fights or intense sparring videos featuring yourself.
                But like I said earlier, very poor choice of words on my part. I didn't even think twice about that post, it was a "thinking out loud" kind of post, and today it reminded me to stop being so casual in my posting, but to be mindful of how things can come across on the internet.
                I don't subscribe to a teacher gaining someone confidence by listing their fights and gym experiences. I have seen it done. It does not get wins or improve athletes.

Yes I fought. A lot of people don't know that. I tell people what I want them to know about me.

We think about boxing completely different ways. So there won't be much I can do to satisfy this need you have for intensity. All I can suggest is that you read my websites, watch all my videos, read and watch my interviews so you can know exactly who I am. No need to guess. And I think I put a photo album up. If you want info about me to get off, it's out there.

Comment

I don't subscribe to a teacher gaining someone confidence by listing their fights and gym experiences. I have seen it done. It does not get wins or improve athletes.

Yes I fought. A lot of people don't know that. I tell people what I want them to know about me.

We think about boxing completely different ways. So there won't be much I can do to satisfy this need you have for intensity. All I can suggest is that you read my websites, watch all my videos, read and watch my interviews so you can know exactly who I am. No need to guess. And I think I put a photo album up. If you want info about me to get off, it's out there.
                  nah man, by intensity he means like tyson eating children tearing out heart type intensity. it was a joke, you have a very up beat friendly demeanor, it would be funny to see a video in complete contrast to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                    nah man, by intensity he means like tyson eating children tearing out heart type intensity. it was a joke, you have a very up beat friendly demeanor, it would be funny to see a video in complete contrast to that.
                    You guys should watch all 300 training videos on youtube. I can guarantee there is several of me not smiling.

No worries, I think people should always do their complete homework 1st. Then come back and ask me questions about boxing like "when are you intense?"

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
                      By the way you are the 1st person online to ever say I'm a nice guy. Most know that I tell it like it is and therefore I'm labeled persona non grata.

Thanks for the kind words

Comment

Working...
                      X