Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got my next fight this coming saturday..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my next fight this coming saturday..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyxLg4iww4

It's my 2nd amateur fight .. my previous was last yr jan. 28.. i won via TKO round 1 ,, knocked down the dude 4 times before he quit.. yeah that's all i can say im not really a serious boxer..
    Im gonna be fighting the yellow dude in the video... #main event
    What can you say guys? on strategy?

Btw ..we have same height and weight(70kgs) !Im 80kgs at the moment ! LOL!You can see in the video that he's not a boxer.. so if only i had trained for like a month im not gonna be asking for your help or support here haha ...been off in the gym for like 10months ..im only gonna train tomorrow so 6 days b4 the fight..

Unfortunately i don't have a video yet but.. Im gonna be posting my sparring video tomorrow after i went to gym..
    Last edited by Right2TheTemple; 01-24-2012, 11:38 PM.

Any and ALL faints will work, hand faints then punch, foot faints then step over and punch, he drops his hands constantly then he puts them up and their way to high, punch when he does that. If your a traditional (right handed) fighter and your good at hooking off your jab that two punch combo will get him leaning back then when he stops his legs he bends over. Just throw jab, hook off, right hand then step over as he bends down and work from that position.
    When he wants to throw his right he rushes in to do it, doesn't set up any thing with punches or movement. Unschooled, unpredictable fighters can be dangerous if you start boxing the way hes fighting.You need composure and definetly need to be first with your jab and combination, when your moving left he will try his overhand right sucker punch. If you have the confidence and gym experience to step into him and under that right you can take some of his desire away with punches that land when hes trying to land. Many young men will hestitate throwing shots if their hit everytime they try to throw.
    He looks like a strong lil guy, big calf muscle but he has limited to no knowledge of boxing. I don't see him react to punches thrown at him with any countering of punches or movement. He doesn't block or slip and he leans away and forward everytime you see that step in with combinations. If you have height set him up with sraight shots to be able to throw shorter hooks and dig to the body. Concentrate on winning every round and nothing else, look at his video and watch how he throws and how he covers up and where he has to be before he tries a punch. Easy fighter to plan for but just remember hes not schooled so punches come from all angles. A calm demeanor and relaxed attitude with being First with crisp hard punching will serve you well. Best to you and all be safe! Ray Corso
    Last edited by Ray Corso; 01-23-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azn1Y...EJa5SD-lYCJHiO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQm0p...iCXoaLZZqJdCFi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDP99...UKKIgLR6mBNyiG

So those are my controlled sparring session video yesterday.. tomorrow ill be sparring with 55kg+ pro's in my gym! And we'll try to do it with speed and power..

I was off in the gym for almost 1yr , my 2nd amateur fight is on saturday!I just started yesterday to train..

Sorry for the quality.. And yes .. it's not really that dark when we were sparring!Though it's much better if they turned the main lights on ... Dafuq with the gym owner..
      Last edited by Right2TheTemple; 01-24-2012, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Right2TheTemple View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azn1Y...EJa5SD-lYCJHiO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQm0p...iCXoaLZZqJdCFi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDP99...UKKIgLR6mBNyiG

So those are my controlled sparring session video yesterday.. tomorrow ill be sparring with 55kg+ pro's in my gym! And we'll try to do it with speed and power..

I was off in the gym for almost 1yr , my 2nd amateur fight is on saturday!I just started yesterday to train..

Sorry for the quality.. And yes .. it's not really that dark when we were sparring!Though it's much better if they turned the main lights on ... Dafuq with the gym owner..
        So your planning to just get up off of the couch and be in condition to compete in a sanctioned bout. You know that you could step away from this bout and get in proper condition to fight.

I jumped up off of the couch one time because I needed rent money. Road down to Cleveland to fight a hometown kid. We got rolling and I quickly found that I was head and shoulders above this cat in skill. I bust him up for abit and then I got tired. This guy who was nowhere near the fighter that I was was beating the **** out of me for the rest of the fight simply because I was not properly prepared. It was weeks before I was healed from that fight.

Think twice before doing this, you won't stop every cat that you roll with in the first round. Amatuer boxing is about saftey first and foremost. You may not only put a blackeye on the sport if anything happens but you could get a blackeye or much worse.

Set your bravado aside and look at this situation straight as it is. I doubt that you would enter yourself into a marathon that you knew you were not in shape to complete. Believe me when I say that boxing is much like a marathon, except that theres somebody beating the **** out of you the whole time that you're trying to finish it.

If you have a coach that will just throw you in then I recommend that you find another coach.

Boxing isn't something that you just **** with. Either you do it properly or you should get out before you get yourself hurt. You'll never know what the other guy was doing in preperation for this fight until it's too late. Fights are won way before the first bell sounds for a match. They are won in the gym with what you do in preparation........Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 01-25-2012, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Whooa whoaaa! 6 days to prepare? are you even in shape better yet in fighting shape? That's a disaster waiting to happen. No way is 6 days enough to prepare for a fight yes even an amateur fight.
          Last edited by johncods; 01-25-2012, 01:30 AM.

Comment

But did you win that fight rockin?

Thanks rockin , ill think of what you've said!Youre right "Boxing isn't something that you just **** with. Either you do it properly or you should get out before you get yourself hurt." Back when i was training i dont feel and fear now im uncomfortable with this coming fight! As you can see in the third round i gassed out at the last minute!

Good advice though but i believe in myself i think i can 1 hit punch every unschooled dude,Im not sure but maybe it's just me i still dont have lots of experience..I do have a coach but he is just a professional boxer 10 rounder .. There is another old school coach in our gym but i think the boxer is much whole lot better in coaching..

Bu the way, *News just in* Neither of the two guys you saw in the 1st video "Bagong Silang Boxing 2011" don't want a piece of me. they backed out!The

On what i've heard the barangay captain is going to match me to a guy from another town , it's like im going to be our town's representative .Well they don't know that i just got off from the couch.. But my friends are still negotiating with the captain and possible fighters ..
            Last edited by Right2TheTemple; 01-25-2012, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
              Whooa whoaaa! 6 days to prepare? are you even in shape better yet in fighting shape? That's a disaster waiting to happen. No way is 6 days enough to prepare for a fight yes even an amateur fight.

The fight is on saturday night, im not in shape and not in fighting shape .. hmmm you guys are much more experienced than me so! Youre a bit making up my mind ..Okay now im gonna think over it again! still have 2 more spar sessions to do..

Maybe I was watching too much boxing films like cinderella man and rocky

Comment

The fight is on saturday night, im not in shape and not in fighting shape .. hmmm you guys are much more experienced than me so! Youre a bit making up my mind ..Okay now im gonna think over it again! still have 2 more spar sessions to do..

Maybe I was watching too much boxing films like cinderella man and rocky
                Bro trust me. No matter how better you are than the other guy if u don't have enough stamina to finish a fight you'll be in trouble 99% of the time. Think about it what if the guy you're gonna fight has been training for a month and you just 6 days. You'd be in trouble bro no offense.

BTW you actually look good there sparring. But then again you guys weren't actually going hard which concerns me furthermore. You can't get ready for a fight 6 days and sparring like that man. Sparring and fighting are totally different in terms of intensity and you guys going 50% there will not help you at all. But hey it's your decision. Goodluck!

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                  Bro trust me. No matter how better you are than the other guy if u don't have enough stamina to finish a fight you'll be in trouble 99% of the time. Think about it what if the guy you're gonna fight has been training for a month and you just 6 days. You'd be in trouble bro no offense.

BTW you actually look good there sparring. But then again you guys weren't actually going hard which concerns me furthermore. You can't get ready for a fight 6 days and sparring like that man. Sparring and fighting are totally different in terms of intensity and you guys going 50% there will not help you at all. But hey it's your decision. Goodluck!

Hmm bro thanks for the reply! Yeah bro you have a great advice!What im doing will be stupid, im just thinking to KO the guy in 1st round.. but what if i didnt make it,going all out on 1st round i mean full speed not volume of punches coz im not that pac type who throws 6-8 punch combinations!..but still im gonna be tired on round 2 if i do full speed on 1st! Though my possible opponent is from another town im not risking it.. thank god the 2 guys dont want to fight me.. actually theyre my main target!It's good i asked in this forum 1st.. before actually going on a fight with no preparation wtf!
                  Last edited by Right2TheTemple; 01-25-2012, 02:49 AM.

Comment

But did you win that fight rockin?
                    hell no I didn't win that fight. I got tired and the guy just beat on me for the rest of the fight. I'll pat myself on the back for even finishing. After that fight I had a big swelling over my left eye, my mouth was tore up something serious and I believe that I fractured my collar bone in that fight. Needless to say it wasn't one of my better outings.

The things that sucks most about it is that if I was in shape he would not have finished the bout. The matchmaker stated before the fight that if I was anything like I used to be this guy will be little trouble. It was 4 or 5 years since my last bout or any real training. I was nothing like I was......

Feint a jab and turn a hook over, he bites on the feint and excepts the blow. Walk the ring then walk straight to him landing a flush one-two. Keeping him on the end of my jab as I walk the ring, then I tire.

Then it turns into survival mode. Not the strategy I would ever want to employ in a fight. But even when you're ready you might find yourself waiste deep in survival mode.........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X