No announcement yet.

Yet another shadowboxing video.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another shadowboxing video.

These are quite fun so I figured to make my own. Also been sick for a few weeks so thought this would be a good way to do some boxing. That felt like a work out, I was huffing and puffing ehh. Haven't trained or shadowboxed much. Shadowboxing is actually awkward as hell because firstly I haven't shadowboxed much and secondly I have done like 10 rounds of mitts so I have to think before doing anything, movements don't come by "instict". Not much moving around, the space is small!

Constructive criticism welcome. Noticed many arm punches,from time to time my center of mass stays on the front foot and some sloppy hooks. Had some uppercuts but they got cut out, looked half decent imo I was trying to append two videos but no.

youtube.com/watch?v=DaxR2coxW30
    Last edited by uu154; 10-26-2011, 04:01 PM.

Are you left handed? because all punches from your right come out really weird.

Comment

No i'm not. That is an interesting point. Funnily one of my sparring partners asked if I was left handed. My trainers have told me those weird flicking shots are so bad and i've made some improvements but it's more obvious in sparring and on the heavy bag. In sparring I rarely get **** "rolling" with my right hand, actually it's somewhat useless although I guess it's supposed to be my stronger hand. Can't actually remember hitting a decent right hook in sparring ever, damn! Now that I think about it you probably refer to that weird flicking ****? When I think it through I get a sense that my left hand shots have a much better "form" and are more solid.
      Last edited by uu154; 10-27-2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

You have a weird little style that I like. It's awkward. I know people will not agree with me and I could care less but go amateur and load your gloves for the first few fights. Not with plaster I used some liquid paste and poured a bit on the top of the knucle gauze. Create some buzz while you develop.

Thing is with your style and some help you can make some fuzz. Plus you have a PWill type of body and structure. Awkward styles are hard to figure out so you could make some buzz.

And if you think others are not cheating or taking something to have advantage bro you are kidding yourself. Don't be at a disadvantage.

Comment

Post has been deleted.............
          Last edited by BostonGuy; 10-27-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chico 305 View Post
            u suck,

only thing good bout the vid was when u stuck out your tounge alil from being fatigued, u look like a vulnerable piece of white meat which gets a vulture like me hard
            Haha tell me something I don't know. ****, u tough vulturing keyboard warrior.

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
            You have a weird little style that I like. It's awkward. I know people will not agree with me and I could care less but go amateur and load your gloves for the first few fights. Not with plaster I used some liquid paste and poured a bit on the top of the knucle gauze. Create some buzz while you develop.

Thing is with your style and some help you can make some fuzz. Plus you have a PWill type of body and structure. Awkward styles are hard to figure out so you could make some buzz.

And if you think others are not cheating or taking something to have advantage bro you are kidding yourself. Don't be at a disadvantage.
            Thanks. I was scheduled to have my first amateur fight a few weeks back but i've been sick for weeks so no can do. In my first sparring session I beat a kid with a few amateur fights soundly and my trainer told me it was surprising and that I should start to train seriously. I have to brag a bit. Pulled the most awesome **** in the final seconds of the final round in that first session. My opponent,a southpaw, threw a 1-2 and I leaned back that 1 and caught 2 with my backhand and proceeded to throw a straight from that leaning position over my opponents hand. Though I did eat a straight from leaning a 1-2 a moment earlier. Anyways I will remember that forever! Man this thread gets me pumped up to train, flu or no flu!
            Last edited by uu154; 10-27-2011, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post

Dont listen to that dumbass. Load gloves? are you serious? lol at you thinking everyone cheats at amateur level.

How stupid would it be to be found with loaded gloves on your 1st amateur fight and then being banned from competing forever? You get much more pride by winning honestly anyway

Comment

Decent shadow boxing video; the only glaring flaw that really stood out to me was, that when you throw the right hand you leave your face/chin wide open. The reason for that is, you throw the punch kind of low at your shoulder level. You gotta throw the punch from your chin level rather than the shoulder level. On the other hand the jab looked much more technical and on the mark...

Comment

dont get into a habit of eending ur comos on right hannds

Comment

hey bro, i watched your vid and you're not bad at all, just a few pointers though:

throughout the video you seemed a little uncomfortable to me, i would suggest relaxing, loosen up, cus you seemed tight and wound up

and you have LONG arms holy **** haha ...extend your punches, turn your hips with the hook. Your hook in the beginning was like a touching hook, pivot and get your whole body behind that.

How long are your arms?

Comment

Working...
                    X