No announcement yet.

boxing; aerobic or anaerobic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing; aerobic or anaerobic

hey guys. i always presumed that boxing was anaerobic, relying mainly on the glycotic system for energy. but what is the role of the aerobic system in boxing? i know that a good aerobic system helps break down and get rid of the negative byproducts of glycotic energy production leading to better recovery during rounds so i am trying to build a good aerobic base. however im interested as to how useful it is for other things

thanks in advance, josh

Boxing is 75% anaerobic and 25% aerobic. when you throw combinations at such a high pace for short durations, the muscles of the body do not receive sufficient oxygen, hence why your heart rate elevates to near threshold. That's what makes it anaerobic.

The aerobic part comes in between rounds and when you're moving around the ring for a "breather". Its intended purpose is to deliver oxygen to the body while recovering as quickly as possible.

A boxer must first build his aerobic base. This makes recovery alot easier and prepares the body for high intensity things like sprinting, sparring, heavy bag work,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBoxer View Post
      Boxing is 75% anaerobic and 25% aerobic. when you throw combinations at such a high pace for short durations, the muscles of the body do not receive sufficient oxygen, hence why your heart rate elevates to near threshold. That's what makes it anaerobic.

The aerobic part comes in between rounds and when you're moving around the ring for a "breather". Its intended purpose is to deliver oxygen to the body while recovering as quickly as possible.

A boxer must first build his aerobic base. This makes recovery alot easier and prepares the body for high intensity things like sprinting, sparring, heavy bag work,etc.
      Great answer!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          good post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X