No announcement yet.

Philly shell defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LightzOut View Post
    Yeah i find it much easier to do with someone who throws careless punches it is alot easier to counter. but when i spar someone experienced i don't execute it as well.. but i'll get better with the shoulder roll over time
    most important part is being relaxed and being focused. just slip and the countering opportunities present themselves. very cool way to fight, but takes from your gastank though.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
      most important part is being relaxed and being focused. just slip and the countering opportunities present themselves. very cool way to fight, but takes from your gastank though.
      yeah it's awesome!

Comment

I like using it when I have someone pinned in the corner, im fast but not that fast, so when I use it on anywhere else besides the corner I can possibly land there punches max but when I have my opponent in the corner I can keep him pinned there wit footwork and roll punches all day long and and keep landing until he manages to run out of there somehow, but thats the only spot where I can do damage all day. Mind you I'm on the outside with my opponent in the corner not me in the corner looking out.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
          I've been in and out of Philadelphia gyms for close to 30 years. Don't think I've ever heard a trainer say "use the 'Philly shell'"...and certainly never see anyone being taught it.

That style is something you discover you CAN do over time.
          All I need to know! :-)

Comment

Working...
          X