No announcement yet.

Weight lifting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7lb in 3 weeks is highly unlikely.

7lb of weight is not the same mate, chances are you've put on 1 or 2lb of muscle, the rest is water retention, bloat and a little fat.

In answer to the original question, the best way to put on weight is to Deadlift and Squat. No better exercise for building mass all over the body.
    Last edited by Darkstranger; 07-30-2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post

7lb of weight is not the same mate, chances are you've put on 1 or 2lb of muscle, the rest is water retention, bloat and a little fat.

In answer to the original question, the best way to put on weight is to Deadlift and Squat. No better exercise for building mass all over the body.
      what would u recommend lifting in the squatting

Comment

Originally posted by robson24 View Post
        what would u recommend lifting in the squatting
        Lift heavy with minimum of 4-6 reps to build mass.

Originally posted by Darkstranger View Post

Yeah bro I'm stacking in at least 3500 calories daily with a good diet plan. My aim is to achieve a bigger frame and to be shredded at 154-156. I'm looking to put on 1 lb per a week and do things properly.

Eat big, lift heavy, is the motto. I'll post results once I'm done which of course is a long way away!

Looking forward to packing on some serious MASS!

Comment

what is your bf%?

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
            what is your bf%?
            about 5% bf.

Comment

3,500 calories is way too much. You'll just end up increasing body fat unnecessarily. Focusing on adding a pound per week is also unrealistic and will again only lead to unnecessary fat gains. I'd be curious to see what your diet plan looks like and would like to see what the thought process is behind its structure.

Having a goal is great. Just don't expect it to be so black and white as expecting to gain a lb per week. It mostly happens in spurts as you alter your diet and training emphasis. This will also help you see what works best for your body.

Your focus should be on establishing a longterm training strategy with planned interval adjustments to both your nutrition and your routine to ensure your body continues to not only progress but continues to respond to the stimuli.

I see the mistakes people make all the time. Primarily the training plan (if there is one) is usually ineffective not truly structured to meet established goals. Secondly the nutrition doesn't typically match the goal. And finally and almost always completely missing is the equally important recovery plan. When training hard and fueling to match you have to ensure that you are equally applying the components of recovery that being - Restoring Energy post workout the right foods (and supplements) at the right time, - Maintaining Active Nervous System Recovery that is other physical activity (that does not tear down muscle tissue) to further increase rate of recovery and - Overload Recovery which is essentially fueling properly to maintain a balanced hormonal level - (don't overlook good fats particularly in this case as they play a major role in maintaining testosterone levels).

Comment

Last time i weighed myself i was 9 stone 4....that was around December 2010 and ive being doing far more workouts since then. Id like to be around 160 to be honest. Im also 5'10''.

It kinda weird with me because i have a good body. V Shaped with a big chest but i have skinny arms lol. I need to work on my arms and legs.

Comment

Working...
                X