Collapse
No announcement yet.

why boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I saw a boxing match was when I was 11 years old in Seattle (I'm from Canada) travelling with my select team from Calgary (soccer). Shane Mosley-Mosley was the fight I saw...Shane was throwing lightning-fast combo's and I was just like...WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by InThisCorner
      First time I saw a boxing match was when I was 11 years old in Seattle (I'm from Canada) travelling with my select team from Calgary (soccer). Shane Mosley-Mosley was the fight I saw...Shane was throwing lightning-fast combo's and I was just like...WOW!
      I find that the first fighters you watch are always the foundation of the types of fighters you like to watch. Yours Shane Mosley, now look at your avatar.

Me Naz, and i dont need to explain how much of a fan of his i am.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
        hey zip, no offence but u were a loser with no friends. has boxing changed anything?
        Yes. Basiclly I just met bunch of fun and cool people. It also gave me a place to go to. Ive gone through high school without really making and close friend but I know that as long as i continue to box I have some people that say hi.

Not to mention that boxing got me in shaped and boosted my self-consiosness (sorry cant spell that :P). ALways been very short and looked like a kid so it huanted me and it was something people made fun of, it really made me sad, but now i a) dont give a crap b) I know that if i really get pissed of I can floor most people easily.
        Dont misunderstand, I never fight outside the ring just not me, but i know if I want/have to I can.

Comment

Originally posted by zip
          Yes. Basiclly I just met bunch of fun and cool people. It also gave me a place to go to. Ive gone through high school without really making and close friend but I know that as long as i continue to box I have some people that say hi.

Not to mention that boxing got me in shaped and boosted my self-consiosness (sorry cant spell that :P). ALways been very short and looked like a kid so it huanted me and it was something people made fun of, it really made me sad, but now i a) dont give a crap b) I know that if i really get pissed of I can floor most people easily.
          Dont misunderstand, I never fight outside the ring just not me, but i know if I want/have to I can.
          If there is a better reason to start boxing than that i would like to hear it:
          - Victim of loneliness/ mild bullying? (fair to say?)
          - To gain some confidence
          - Meet some new friends/ or just people you can say hi to.
          - To lose the image of yourself which people branded you with before, and then to not give a **** what people think of you.

Comment

Originally posted by zip

good for you man...people only pick on people who seem to have no self confidence but now that your self esteem is up that huosldn't be a roblem and if they talk **** show them what the sweet science is all about

Comment

Originally posted by eXig3
              If there is a better reason to start boxing than that i would like to hear it:
              - Victim of loneliness/ mild bullying? (fair to say?)
              - To gain some confidence
              - Meet some new friends/ or just people you can say hi to.
              - To lose the image of yourself which people branded you with before, and then to not give a **** what people think of you.
              hey exig3, i started boxing and i dont have any of those problems man. i wasnt bullied, i had high confidence and high self-esteem. i started boxing to learn how to fight alot better to kick ass and to make $$$ one day hopefully

Comment

I used to be asked the question myself all the time, especially my grandmother(who hated the idea of me participating in a violent sport)I really don't know what attracted me to boxing, but the fighters I would always pretend to be Sugar Ray Leonard and Ali(because of my dad)the one thing I would always do was re-create that scene in Rocky when both him and Creed get knocked down at the same time and pull themselves backup. What I like about boxing is that in comes in handy if you had to get into a street scrap.

Comment

Yeah I feel good for you zip must be a good feelin for ya...yeah boxing is truly the sweet science and anyone that watches either a) a roy jones jr ownage or b) gatti fights or c) tyson fights then they are hooked no prob.

Comment

Originally posted by zip

same with me man. i had alot of low self esteem and confidence, boxing gives me respect for myself and allows me to be more consicous about decsions of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
                      hey exig3, i started boxing and i dont have any of those problems man. i wasnt bullied, i had high confidence and high self-esteem. i started boxing to learn how to fight alot better to kick ass and to make $$$ one day hopefully
                      You look like a ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X