Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long would it take (to train at boxing) and be able to defend yourself?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyzz View Post
    Let me preface this by saying that I have zero background in fighting (or any of the martial arts), I work out here and there but that's as far as that goes.

Over the last 4 months (that short of time) I've been involved in three fights with a bunch of dumb, ****phobic, usually (drunk) idiots, and after reading a lot of articles/interviews/etc I saw boxing recommended over and over (stuff like Muay Thai was too, but I'm really just concerned with being able to punch and take a punch).

So basically my question is how long will it take (assuming I join a club and go for 3 days a week) for me to be able to defend myself against 99% of thugs (who's lives consist of nothing more than starting **** with people). You know the kind of people I'm talking about....

Would I need to go hard and practice for, say, 3 months (3x a week)? 6 months (3x a week)? I just want to learn enough to defend myself and of course, after I reach that level, will probably go a few times a month to brush up on anything.

Thanks for the help
    reply:6months/6days a week with proper coaching/when you reach a good level of defense 3 days a week to continue to keep in shape!coach andre:andrefabre@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by kyzz View Post
      Let me preface this by saying that I have zero background in fighting (or any of the martial arts), I work out here and there but that's as far as that goes.

Over the last 4 months (that short of time) I've been involved in three fights with a bunch of dumb, ****phobic, usually (drunk) idiots, and after reading a lot of articles/interviews/etc I saw boxing recommended over and over (stuff like Muay Thai was too, but I'm really just concerned with being able to punch and take a punch).

So basically my question is how long will it take (assuming I join a club and go for 3 days a week) for me to be able to defend myself against 99% of thugs (who's lives consist of nothing more than starting **** with people). You know the kind of people I'm talking about....

Would I need to go hard and practice for, say, 3 months (3x a week)? 6 months (3x a week)? I just want to learn enough to defend myself and of course, after I reach that level, will probably go a few times a month to brush up on anything.

Thanks for the help
      It will take however long it takes until u feel comfortable in your stance and throwing punches. Depends on the individual

Comment

Working...
      X