Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, I'm a new poster :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you shouldn't listen to me, I am just a hobbiest and already you're more serious at boxing than I am. But, it just seems like a few things here could be said:

-Don't compare yourself to or think about any other fighter. Everyone tries to work the name "Tyson" into everything (in this case he was on the short side for HW) Your body is uniquely yours, what in the heck does Tyson have to do with your body? I am 1000% your situation and body is different than his was even if you were both the same height or something.

-Join a gym, get a trainer. Work on technique, strength and conditioning rather than lifting weights to bulk up to fit into a higher weight class. Once you get into training, you'll probably not even think so much about wanting to be a HW and instead find the right weight class for your body to be able to destroy your opponents.

-You're 16, you're probably right and you will grow some more, so you'll go up in weight naturally, so right now don't even worry about it. Just technique, sparring, strength and conditioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Aperion View Post
      Maybe you shouldn't listen to me, I am just a hobbiest and already you're more serious at boxing than I am. But, it just seems like a few things here could be said:

-Don't compare yourself to or think about any other fighter. Everyone tries to work the name "Tyson" into everything (in this case he was on the short side for HW) Your body is uniquely yours, what in the heck does Tyson have to do with your body? I am 1000% your situation and body is different than his was even if you were both the same height or something.

-Join a gym, get a trainer. Work on technique, strength and conditioning rather than lifting weights to bulk up to fit into a higher weight class. Once you get into training, you'll probably not even think so much about wanting to be a HW and instead find the right weight class for your body to be able to destroy your opponents.

-You're 16, you're probably right and you will grow some more, so you'll go up in weight naturally, so right now don't even worry about it. Just technique, sparring, strength and conditioning.
      you sound very reasonable, I appreciate your opinion. I was simply using Tyson as an example of a shorter heavyweight, I realize I have my own body and need my own skill and technique thank you very much for the input

Comment

You are not very muscular. Now my advice to you would be: FOCUS ON GETTING FIGHTS AND LEARN THE SPORTS - technique >>>>>>>>>>>> strength and such early, especially when you aren't born with the same athletic attributes af Tyson or Roy Jones Jr. really dude, you are too focused on the weight. It's not like you won't grow if you fight at light heavyweight. You'd get MURDERED at heavyweight with a body looking like that.

Comment

Working...
        X