No announcement yet.

Me sparring video... im from mexico : ) ... Please comment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me sparring video... im from mexico : ) ... Please comment

So finally guys here is a video of me sparring, im the one with the blue shirt and the red cup. I think it was a good sparring round, i just debuted here in mexico in a small arena had few but good amateur fights.

Sorry about the music ahaha but the guy that was filming didnt shut up and all u can hear its an idiot talking ahahhaha thats why i covered it up with a song.

Any comments and tips would be really appreciated

OH BTW I fight at 140 and i am 5´7 or 5´8 something like that.

Last edited by ..David..; 05-05-2011, 11:13 PM.

Nice work man, you have a nice rhythm to your boxing. The double jab was effective and I like that you were punching in combinations, caught him with a nice left hook to the body too.

Good luck with it, I wouldn't mind seeing some of your fights if you can get them on vid.

*Edit - Oh and as for tips, I'd say perhaps try to be a bit more active, especially with counter punches. Towards the end of the round, you seemed content to play defense and block his shots/make him miss without firing back too much. Nothing major though, you looked quite relaxed which is a good thing.
    Last edited by dannnnn; 05-05-2011, 10:07 PM.

Comment

You're very good. Great head movement. I think you add in more lateral movement in to compliment that.

Comment

Very good work, nice upper body movement, I like the fact that you weren't stationary. You may want to bend you're knees more when weaving. It seems like it would new more work to weave and not use you're legs, no? erik morales has trained at that gym too I recognize it from one of his training videos, and some nice compact punches on the inside from what I see. Great work, keep it up and good luck.

Comment

Thx for the comments guys, hey Dannnn yeah u are right u see the problem its that i consider myself a really good boxer, i have sparred with very high quality of opposition and i do ok...... the first round hahahahaha Im the kind of guy that runs out of gas and goes into full defensive haha but at least i know it so i am training hard for my next fight. Which its supposed to be like in a month.

Ill try to upload it.

ahaha and yeah erick morales ( the old version ) trained there for one of his comeback fights its "el jefe" gym in monterrey mexico, its also called "El jefe promotions" so a lot of pros go there when they fight in town, there is a big arena called arena monterrey, even edwin valero went and trained there for a couple of days for his fight with DeMarco hahahaha that guy was crazy, he screamed everytime he punched, i mean i say "ha ! ha!" but this guy screamed full force "HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" WITH EVERY PUNCH hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
            So finally guys here is a video of me sparring, im the one with the blue shirt and the red cup. I think it was a good sparring round, i just debuted here in mexico in a small arena had few but good amateur fights.

Sorry about the music ahaha but the guy that was filming didnt shut up and all u can hear its an idiot talking ahahhaha thats why i covered it up with a song.

how long have you been boxing? you are pretty refined, your feet and your hands are in harmony and I see good form on your punches...

Comment

Buy a better camera.

Comment

nice one son! we *****s are born to box....

Comment

[
                  I been boxing for 6-7 years aprox.. i am 22 i started when i was like 16.

ahahaha and yeah sorry about the low quality it was taken with a cellphone and it wasnt even mine.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post

i can barely see the vid man due to poor quality. i can thought that you like fighting in close range, i also suggest you throw the jab more

Comment

Working...
                    X