Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice baths/contrast showers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers 'Dozer, helps me look at a suitable regime and remember the old adage "walk before running"

Cheers, Lol

Comment

hey bigdozer, are u tryin to say that if i keep lifting between the 1-6rep range for all my lifts, dat i wont gain much weight? coz ive been doin dat for 6months now. i herd b4 dat if u do heavy weights, u get big muscles but not cut, just big and if u do lighter weights u get endurance muscle which look cut. is dat true?

Comment

The cut looks comes not from the way you lift, but your muscular development and your bodyfat percentage. You will not get ripped or "toned" by lifting light weights, despite what so many people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugnacious_Z
          hey bigdozer, are u tryin to say that if i keep lifting between the 1-6rep range for all my lifts, dat i wont gain much weight? coz ive been doin dat for 6months now. i herd b4 dat if u do heavy weights, u get big muscles but not cut, just big and if u do lighter weights u get endurance muscle which look cut. is dat true?
          Rep tempo, repitition number, and range of motion are more important for hypertrophy than weight used. 1-6 reps don't create enough tension on the fibers for micro tears necessary to promote hypertrophy. Your rep range is called neuralogical adaptation, strengthening of the ligaments, tendons, and mucle pull on and around articular surfaces(joints). Not a mass building routine at all you will build mass because there is tension on the muscles but not the high tension needed for continued hypertrophy. Lower your weight and focus on slower tempo, more quality reps and conrolling the weight with the proper muscle groups, without cheating.

Comment

regaeding the original question,ive used the hot /cold shower treatment and i found it to help.i was also told to cut out dairy products as they contain lactose and this is what promotes lactic acid on the joints causing the stiffness a day or so later.i found this to work very well also.the best way to relieve this stiffness is to warm down and stretch as was stated earlier though.

Comment

Originally posted by msocearnaigh
              regaeding the original question,ive used the hot /cold shower treatment and i found it to help.i was also told to cut out dairy products as they contain lactose and this is what promotes lactic acid on the joints causing the stiffness a day or so later.i found this to work very well also.the best way to relieve this stiffness is to warm down and stretch as was stated earlier though.
              Who told you that bull**** about lactic adic? Lactic acid is a much needed chemical in the body, it is a fuel that muscle and heart need at rest and during exercise. It is produced in greater volume during exercise because of the depletion of ATP and CP, which when totally depleted renders the muscles locked in a spasm. Lactic acid and Lactose which is a sugar compound in the the cows milk are two very different and non-connected chemicals. Lactic acid is stored in the muscle cells, and Lactose comes from bovine mammary glands.

Comment

it was a physio i went to see for an injury.he trained sean kelly (whos a bit of a legend in the cycling world) and kelly swore by this.it may have been a case of "mind over matter" in my case but i definitely found it beneficial.

Comment

Working...
                X