No announcement yet.

When in the ring..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When in the ring..

well i've got a few questions about when in the ring as im a taller guy and alot skinnier than people my weight i fight on the back foot i have a few questions hopefully some of you guys can answer

i want to know something about counter punching. do you throw counter shots the split second they finish their combo or do you throw inbetween their combo

when fighting on the back foot what do you try to do you try and get them to walk into your shots e.g your stepping back jabbing and as they coming hit them with a right uppercut

how do you prevent yourself from being smothered I have pretty decent footwork so it shouldnt be a problem i have a tendancy to stay on the ropes or in the corner when my opponent cuts off the ring

being a tall fighter my trainer tells me to use my height and stick to straight shots, this annoys me because throwing the same shots makes me feel 1 dimensional.

when my opponent is on the ropes im cautious to throw combos on them as they might counter me do i step in throw a combo and jump out or do i throw a combo and move out from a side step.

thanks for taking the time to read my topic

any help??

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
      any help??
      pick one thing man, you expect us to write a book teaching you to box. Pick one thing to focus on............Rockin'

Comment

well i've got a few questions about when in the ring as im a taller guy and alot skinnier than people my weight i fight on the back foot i have a few questions hopefully some of you guys can answer

i want to know something about counter punching. do you throw counter shots the split second they finish their combo or do you throw inbetween their combo

when fighting on the back foot what do you try to do you try and get them to walk into your shots e.g your stepping back jabbing and as they coming hit them with a right uppercut

how do you prevent yourself from being smothered I have pretty decent footwork so it shouldnt be a problem i have a tendancy to stay on the ropes or in the corner when my opponent cuts off the ring

being a tall fighter my trainer tells me to use my height and stick to straight shots, this annoys me because throwing the same shots makes me feel 1 dimensional.

when my opponent is on the ropes im cautious to throw combos on them as they might counter me do i step in throw a combo and jump out or do i throw a combo and move out from a side step.

thanks for taking the time to read my topic
        That's the idea. Make your opponent walk in and catch him as he does so. Always clear points and hurt.

When your opponent is on the ropes just throw combinations but, remember to keep your head moving, move your feet just shuffles but, not enough to let him get out and don't be reckless. Throw some to the body as well.

If throwing the same shots makes you win fights. Do so. Experimenting is what you do in sparring so if you want to perfect a long left hook ask your trainer and work on it in sparring.

Having a tendency to stay on the ropes is never good. Try to avoid it it's just a mental thing that you have to try and stop.

Comment

In regards to countering - throw the counter after the punch you are countering while still blocking. eg. after they throw the left hook then follow with a straight, throw your straight while keeping your left up to block the incoming shot.

But really just throw the counter shot whenever you can get it off without taking too much of a risk.

When opponents on the rope dont hesitate with what your doing cause that will just lead to you getting hit. Personally I like to unload a good amount of shots to force them to cover up although it does lead to me getting hit a good amount.

Comment

just relaxing, start your bounce on your toes. You know how you do it, it puts you into your rythme, get there. Now in rythme throw one punch for everybounce, controling your breathing. Now do not throw the same punch as you did the last time with each hand. Like you are not to repeat any punch twice in a row. Throw a jab with the left, a straight with the right, a hook with the left a body shot with the right. Do that and I'll introduce you to double timin'................Rockin'

Comment

punch him till he dies lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                just relaxing, start your bounce on your toes. You know how you do it, it puts you into your rythme, get there. Now in rythme throw one punch for everybounce, controling your breathing. Now do not throw the same punch as you did the last time with each hand. Like you are not to repeat any punch twice in a row. Throw a jab with the left, a straight with the right, a hook with the left a body shot with the right. Do that and I'll introduce you to double timin'................Rockin'
                what is double timin?

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
                  what is double timin?
                  did you do the first part?.......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by *dNNy!bOx. View Post
                    punch him till he dies lol.
                    you're 15 years old, you are excused..........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X