how do you get over your fear of fighting in front of crowds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you wont even notice them once you are getting your butt kicked

Comment

That used to be a problem when i started. You will have a fight or two then it becomes apart of your experience. Its normal to feel the heat walking to the ring but once you're in the ring, all the training and experience kicks in.

Comment

U wont get over that until ur 15th fight... But go to the hood and call tyrone a *****... A crowd will come out talkin **** and go from there!

Comment

lol, alot of weird answers. Alot that don't seem realistic.

Anyways, after the first contact. In every sport I have done, I always get a little anxious. Then after first contact, everything settles down and the crowd doesn't even matter anymore.

Now that doesn't mean let them punch you in the face. I am saying, a little shoulder bump, a push inside, a blocked punch. Something. After that contact it all goes away.

Comment

trust me you will forget all about the crowd once youre in the ring so dont worry about it

Comment

Focus on your opponent and be confident.

Comment

I always found the crowd vanished when I got in the ring. Apart from that one mouthy **** who is your opponent's friend who you just want to make shut up by beating his friend up.

Comment

Push out every negative or doubtful thought from your mind, and say to yourself "lets ****ing do this"

Remember a fight is what you train for, full stop. This is the opportunity to test yourself.

Comment

Just had my first amateur fight a few weeks ago and like many have said when you're in there exchanging punches you'll forget about the crowd since you're so focused on your opponent. Obviously you'll hear their roar and screams ocassionally when a good punch is landed but you should bearly noticed them.

Comment

man, this is exactly what i was wondering. im really interested in becoming an amateur boxer, but everytime i think about it, i wonder how will i do in front the crowd. im not too fond of being in front of crowds, and plus the nerves leading up to the fight can get me as well....thanks for making this thread man, lots of good and interesting answers. i can't wait for the summer to see if i can do this.
                      hopefully the advice some have said about the first contact makes you less worried works, i would assume so. once you feel or land something, you should get in the zone if you're already not from the beginning....good luck man!
                      Last edited by chiguy91; 04-18-2011, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X