Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rival Boxing Velcro gloves ..any good? Reyes are dog poo !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rival Boxing Velcro gloves ..any good? Reyes are dog poo !

Guys i have been in the the market for some new gloves as my twins had seen better days , i had a birthday coming up so the mrs decided to treat me to some reyes sparring/training gloves ...now usually i wouldnt have spent that type of dough as i am in my late 30s and really only train/spar to keep the middle age spread away
    Anyhow the Reyes gloves turn up and to say i was disappointed is an understatement how anybody can call them a good sparring/training glove is beyond me I should of listened to what people were telling me on here about them...to hard to spar with...their great if you wanna knockout your sparring partners
    I got the Reyes refunded and have been looking at rivals top velcro sparring glove ...they look good with plenty of padding any body use them and whats your thoughts ?? are they any good ?

They look great. (the rivals) ive seen a couple of people use them and have heard nothing but good comments on them. yeah the reyes are simply too hard to spar with.

Comment

did u let someone hit you with the reyes gloves or are u just assuming from their look...if you compare rival gloves to reyes its like a honda to a porshe. people are really uneducated on reyes, they think because their is horse hair in their fight gloves that all reyes gloves are like that and tough on your opponent. they make a heavy padded sparring glove if your that worried. id spar against anyone using reyes as long as they are 16oz

Comment

Originally posted by nicknj View Post
        did u let someone hit you with the reyes gloves or are u just assuming from their look...if you compare rival gloves to reyes its like a honda to a porshe. people are really uneducated on reyes, they think because their is horse hair in their fight gloves that all reyes gloves are like that and tough on your opponent. they make a heavy padded sparring glove if your that worried. id spar against anyone using reyes as long as they are 16oz
        the reyes training gloves are totally different from their fight gloves. the fight glove is padded with foam/horse hair and the training glove is just foam !
        I didnt have to assume anything i could just tell by the feel of them on and from hitting a bag a little they were to hard to use on my friends/sparring partners ....Dont know what Reyes Gloves your on about but the 16oz Reyes i had thats in my profile pic.. was hard like a cheap £20 bag mitt !
        They were well made i give them that tho and yes i could make a perfect fist in them to, but why would you wanna use such a hard glove in sparring against friends ..i didnt .. !
        The only reason i i thought about getting the rivals is that i like the look of them and they seem to have a decent amount of padding/wrist support,which would suit my needs more
        Last edited by CiganoBoxer; 01-28-2011, 03:54 PM.

Comment

well reyes is known for that. thought you knew. the padding isnt really hard, its just that their training gloves dont have too much padding. reyes also has safety type gloves with a lot more padding for sparring (on the left, compared to the training gloves on the right)

i got these but i use them on the bag. thats how much padding they got. had troubles with my knuckles before but now they feel perfect again

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
            well reyes is known for that. thought you knew. the padding isnt really hard, its just that their training gloves dont have too much padding. reyes also has safety type gloves with a lot more padding for sparring (on the left, compared to the training gloves on the right)

i got these but i use them on the bag. thats how much padding they got. had troubles with my knuckles before but now they feel perfect again
            I didnt think there was a Velcro Reyes Training glove with more padding than the one i had sent !?

Comment

LOL! Maybe you don't like the Reyes because of the Velcro. Personally I don't like velcro gloves. I prefer lace ups. And people exaggerate when they describe the padding on the Reyes gloves. They have great wrist support and are not as bulky as other gloves that supposedly weigh the same.

Comment

i use these mate and would recommend them to you,good gloves

Comment

I've used the ones pictured above and their velcro and lace up 'traditional' gloves.

They've just added a bunch of new models of gloves (right AFTER christmas when I bought their old model bag and sparring gloves...****ers) so I don't have any experience with them yet and haven't heard anything from other people, but I've used a bunch of Rival stuff and I've been totally satisfied with everything except the handwraps (velcro wore out too quick).

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post

i use these mate and would recommend them to you,good gloves
                    yeh cheers mate thats the ones i ordered in the end same colour to
                    What size you using ?

Comment

Working...
                    X