Collapse
No announcement yet.

weighting for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, to tell you the truth you really shouldn't have a desired weight persay. i mean i'm not saying you should bench and thats it. Do alittle of everything. Work out every muscle. But if you don't bench alot then your max will not increase. I'm not sure its worth stopping. Cause when you think of a punch alot of that power comes from ur chest so. and about that 4 week thing i never heard of that so i can't really say anything on it

Comment

sry i miss understood what you said. I thought you meant a desired weight on the bench press. But you should have a desired body weight.
      But if you reach it that doesn't mean stop gaining muscle. and as for punching power coming from ur chest, i said alot of it comes from your chest. but that doesn't mean all of it does. its important to work on biceps,triceps,lats,forearms,etc.....

and no i haven't heard of conversion phase , i do understand the concept of not benching befor a fight but not benching for 4 weeks is a bit extreme. you will lose alot of weight off your max though

but i suppose its all a matter of preference

Comment

Originally posted by eXig3
        I suggest do little amounts of weight training and make sure you lift the weights quickly. This way you will build muscle mass quicker and you will also increase your speed.

Only a small part of my training regime is taken up by weights...
        I agree. Do weight training with quick reps, that way you can develop Explosive Power and by doing this with lighter weights and higher reps you will not get "big" and slower.

Comment

i have to read all that,

Comment

lifting alot of heavyweights can build alot of muscle, wich can make you slower stiffer in the ring and bigger.
            And im not to say that you cannot imcrease to weigth of your weight that you lift/punch-out with etc.
            im just saying that it is recommended that for boxing you use Lighter (ligher as in bout 60%, i think it is, of you max) weights and do more reps with them.

Comment

Im tired.....leave me alone...

Comment

oh and btw i know what builds muscle and how....
                I'll read it though...
                Last edited by Inf3rn0; 09-04-2005, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Im not complaining about You
                  Its just that im tired and your posting about 80 lines in a post (not that im complaining).
                  and thats my own knoledge, i said id read your post beacause i may learn something.

Thats all.

Comment

bigdozer, i agree with ya bro, most people involved in boxing think dat if u lift any weights u get slow and stiff but dats bull****, look at holyfield for example. there 2 old school

Comment

That was just what i new,

And when i meant "leave me alone" i meant it in a kinda sarky way cuz it was like 1 in the morning or summing i cant remember and i was tired.

Comment

Working...
                      X