Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cuauhtemoc's training regimen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always warm up before stretching. A simple 1-2 slow rounds on the bike and throwing light punches is a good way to do that, and then go into a full stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthIs View Post
      No, I'm not being a dick just for the sake of it. I may be a bit grumpy today having just gone through a day of cutting to make weight...but I have a real problem when people start giving advice that can be dangerous. And especially under the presumption of 'trainer". And not warming up first & then stretching is that. I asked quickly before I flew off the handle...(again, I'm grumpy, sorry)

"why would you start with stretching. don't you think a bit of a warm up is required first?"

and the reply was,

"What if you warm up and then you pull something? You should always stretch before you do any physical exercise, always. "

which is absolutely wrong. and things like this aren't like the speed bag, where it is a preference, or simple opinion of it's merit...it is a more just giving bad advice that some new person reading will go and do. Because, well, you're the trainer.
      Look, when you said warm up, I took it as some exercise, that's why I said "EXERCISE". You are right, you should be warmed up as in already moving around before you stretch.

Like I said though, it was just an rough over view of what I do everyday. I have been boxing since I was 13, boxed amateur and now help train young fighters.

I am in no way an expert, and I will never say I'm an expert because everyday that goes by, I learn something from someone. I learned from old school teachers but have an open enough mind to learn from many people around me.

I don't box anymore because I'm in my 30's but I still love to train.

"The first step in learning is humility" - Confucius

Comment

like the republicans and democrats coming together.. hehehe

@cuauhtemoc: no i think you're doing good buddy. keep training and learning.

heard this once: "The more you know, the more you know you don't know and the more you know that you don't know." — David Byrne

hehehe

@thetruthis: we all have our days bud, good luck cutting weight bro. don't try to cut too much by the way buddy. it's very detrimental to your body for the short and the long run, cutting weight. try to maintain a stable weight if you can.

but shouldn't wanna butt in, i know you dont need advice right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTruthIs View Post
          lol - i swear to **** this forum over all others had the highest amount of posers or simply stupid people on it. do a little homework before you get someone hurt if you really are a trainer.

if anyone ever wants to get hooked up with some real trainers, pros, national trainers...hit me up in PM, I'll link ya. Until then tired of hearing foolishness. Cyas.
          silly ****...............

Comment

Working...
          X