Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pain in hand when punching heavy bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wrapped my hands tight one time and threw a straight right and it ruined my hand for 2 weeks dont wrap your hands too tight it might injure them its happend to me twice in 2 years

Comment

If it's the ball like thingy (great description, right?) on your wrist, you're fine. If that's the case, everyone goes through that.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
        i wrapped my hands tight one time and threw a straight right and it ruined my hand for 2 weeks dont wrap your hands too tight it might injure them its happend to me twice in 2 years
        This could be the reason. I wrapped my right hand too tight and when i threw the straight rights it hurt my hand.

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
        What handwraps and gloves are you using?
        Lonsdale hand wraps ie lonsdale hand bandages 90, and im using Lonsdale bag mitts.

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
        hand or wrist? really i wouldnt recommend continuing in either case but with a hurt wrist i really really wouldnt reccomend continuing. some times ill roll my wrist on the bag i find that if i just stop hitting the bag and shadow box instead after ive hurt my wrist my wrist is usually fine by the next day but though before i started stopping id just continue and punch through the pain which usually resulted in a week off from the bag if not more.

just stop hitting the bag and do something else if you hurt your arm.
        At the time it was my hand hurting. This was about 5 days ago now, and i havent hit the heavy bag since. I only usually go to the gym about once a week, or sometimes once every two weeks. So my hand will have time to recover. I am just praying it wont hurt when i go to the gym again in about a weeks time.
        I'll probably have arthritis when im old though.
        Last edited by hugh grant; 10-22-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Bag mitts? Are you talking about those little gloves that look like mittens?

Those are not recommended for heavybag usage. They are ok for punch mitts/speed bag/reflex bag/double end bag.

You should use Super Bag gloves or Training gloves, 12oz-18oz.

And definitely use 180 inch mexican style handwraps.

As for me, I use 18oz Ringside IMF Tech Training gloves, Ringside 180inch mexican style wraps, and I also add a few wraps around my inner wrist and outer wrist areas with the 2 inch wide athletic/adhesive tape.

I've never had a hand problem since.

http://www.ringside.com/Ringside/products/1216/

http://www.ringside.com/Ringside/products/1227/

http://www.ringside.com/Ringside-Mex...oductinfo/MHW/

http://www.ringside.com/Tape-Gauze/products/1090/

Comment

maybe you hurt your hand while punching the bag. when you hit the bag, you should time your punch. i mean timing your punches while the bag is moving towards you. dont over extend you elbow when you punch. try to land your punch while your elbow is not yet full stretch. it will help. if it hurts and you can't take the pain, that means your body is telling you to stop and also it's better not to push it. you can do some exercises than hitting the bags. like jump rope or jogging or do some body weight exercises as long as it doesn't hurt your hand. check my site boxing-4-fitness.com maybe i can help.

Comment

^^^^
              Thanks for all the replies. Its touching that people care for my little hands, im emotional.

Yep, pain is telling me something. Ive got to take it easy and i will. I will shadow box and just think about people throwing bad intentions punches at me and duck and dodge those imaginary punches at me for the time being.

Comment

that always happen .....

Comment

Working...
                X