No announcement yet.

1st fight little more then a month a way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Marvelous" View Post
    You paid for that yourself? An official fight? Under ABA rules? With ABA reprasentatives there?
    no its not going to be that official.... a friends friends uncle use to ref some small time boxing matches, as far as the judges another friend works at a gym and will be getting a few of the trainers there to judge the fight.... but with that said we will be using official rules etc, were trying to keep it as legit as possible.....

Comment

lol good luck man. Joining a gym and training is a good decision. If you can, get some sparring in. That's where you really learn hands on and up close. I can't wait to see the video of your fight.

Comment

just got back from my first 2 hour one on one seshion with my trainer.... lots of work to be done as expected hahaha im sure you guys will get a good laugh after the video is up of the fight.....

we worked on a few things, mostly power push ups, pull ups etc. and basic begginer boxing stuff, but between the 2 two hour seshions a week with my trainer and running/jogging 2-4 times a week, i think i will be in better shape then my friend and will be able to pull out a decision.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            My advice would be to scrap this "fight" and get some legit boxing training. Backyard boxing often results in someone getting hurt.
            And proper boxing doesn't? Lol

Anyways to the TS, just get fit as ****. Do 5x800m sprints with a min rest inbetween 2x per week. Go for a longer run (3-4 miles, brisk but steady pace)once per week, and do another day of other conditioning, like this circuit
            20 jumping jacks, 10 pushups, 10 situps, 10 dips, 10 hand to knee jumps and 10 burpees. Repeat this as fast as you can for 4x3 min rounds, one min rest inbetween.

So that is 4 days per week of conditioning. Seeing as neither of you can box, it will most likely be conditioning that wins it.

As for skills, just work on proper stance and balance, how to move in different directions, and keeping your hands up. Nothing fancy, you aren't going to learn to be a clever fighter in a month.

I know this is just a mess around match, bit if you are really keen on feeding it to him, follow that advice.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
              And proper boxing doesn't? Lol
              Proper amateur boxing is very safe as far as the number of injuries that occur. A government study found that it was safer than bowling.

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
                no neither of us have boxed before, or have had any prior boxing training....

thank you for your comment! will look into a running program of some sort.
                Get lots of practice, it's not as easy as you might think. Start running to strengthen the legs and build up your lung capacity, work on proper footwork and on building effective and correct punching. Good luck!!!

Comment

wow guys thanks for all the advice!!! i wasnt going to post again because of the ******* thinking im a troll....

one more round, i will def be doing those exercises you wrote, add that on with going to my trainer 3 nights a week, im sure will put a victory up for me.

what do you guys suggest as far as eating wise? stuff in high protein? maybe protein shakes a few times a day?

thanks again for the advice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
                    wow guys thanks for all the advice!!! i wasnt going to post again because of the ******* thinking im a troll....

one more round, i will def be doing those exercises you wrote, add that on with going to my trainer 3 nights a week, im sure will put a victory up for me.

what do you guys suggest as far as eating wise? stuff in high protein? maybe protein shakes a few times a day?

thanks again for the advice!!!
                    Proteins will give you the needed energy and help to build muscle, make sure that you get enough exercise so that the proteins don't turn into body fat. Red meats as well as eggs will supply lots of protein, make sure that you balance the proteins with carbs which will ensure a good energy level and help to keep the brain and reflexes sharp. Make sure that you also get enough exercise in to promote muscle growth and strength.

Comment

this is a really cool thread!

So next month me and my friend are thinking of having a sword fight with real 11th century celtic broad-swords and I got my uncle's dad's drinking buddy to judge. we never had no sword fight fighting contests before but it's str8 legitz & I'm gonna have a shword seshion tomorrow morning will post vidz and anyone thinks this is tr0ll is hella lame and I wont post no more if you say I trollin

Here's a pic of me trainin
                      Last edited by Soju; 10-23-2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X