Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else feel like this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i felt/feel the same way. in my case i think it was mental roadblocks that held/is holding me back. no matter what the problem si in your case u just gotta keep working.

Comment

thanks for the advice guys. im fighting tomorrow night against a kid with 4 fights, 2-2. hes meant to be a puncher, although that shouldnt be a problem, ive been sparring heavyweights recently and know i can take a good shot. on paper it shouldnt be too hard, but i know this doesnt mean anything. i will let you know how i get on. maybe what i need is more activity, i havent been fighting regularly. thanks guys!!

Comment

baldomir vs judah

Comment

Originally posted by Richie-G View Post
          i feel like im not seeing an improvement. i've been boxing for about 4 years and had 9 fights. i just feel like i give so much of my life up to this sport, training everyday, but im going nowhere. i get beat up in sparring, drop close decisions, and can't seem to perform. a lot of kids in my gym are better than me even though i train harder and have been boxing longer... its like they've got something i haven't.... im not about to give up, but im growing tired of going nowhere.. do you think that genetics, or natural talent comes into it? im not exactly a naturally gifted athlete, but i make up for it with hard work... just dont know what im doing wrong?
          do what pacquiao did and get on steroids. But make sure you don't take those blood tests. Then you should be fine.

Comment

Which club in bournemouth do you box at?

Comment

i box at oakmead.

just got back from my fight, i won on points. he was the strongest person ive boxed so far, but i boxed well. he was older aswell (he was 20 i was 17), and i should be fighting next weekend aswell!

Comment

That's good to hear!

Related to the topic, my 2 cents would be to look back, see what is wrong and improve on that and I'm not only reffering to training methods and technique. It's not easy to see yourself objectively but it's the best way to go. Whatever people advise you in the end you have to figure out mistakes by your own to improve them if the mistakes are related to how you view boxing.

You can look at this moment as an obstacle and work on getting over it. It's normal to have doubts but it's great if you can overcome them and don't regret the time you invested in it.

And no time is really wasted, you can learn from everything.

I know it sounds a bit cheesy but meh, it's my opinion on it.

Comment

I know exactly what you meen. I have been weightlifting for about a year now and still look worse and am weaker than most people. I watch my diet , spend hours at the gym and still I'm weaker and fatter and less muscular than people that spend all day eating junk food and all night drinking at parties. I know the feeling and demoralising dosnt quite reach. You just reach a point where it dosnt make you angry anymore, you just wonder why all I can say is stick at it

Comment

thats good advice man, i appreciate everyones help on this thread.

theres no way im giving up, not in a million years. my record stands at 4-6 now, and i have two fights lined up this month. that means i can get my record even, 6-6, and start from scratch. ive gained a lot of confidence from my last fight, i took some big shots from a banger and didnt flinch. i'll bump the thread to let you know what happens...

Comment

Originally posted by Richie-G View Post
                      thats good advice man, i appreciate everyones help on this thread.

theres no way im giving up, not in a million years. my record stands at 4-6 now, and i have two fights lined up this month. that means i can get my record even, 6-6, and start from scratch. ive gained a lot of confidence from my last fight, i took some big shots from a banger and didnt flinch. i'll bump the thread to let you know what happens...
                      Good job lad, you keep that chin up..well tucked in but you know what i mean.

Just remember its ALL about the next fight. Its gotta be better than your last one.

One Step Beyond!
                      Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 10-17-2010, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X