Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you resemble most when you fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<-- Sugar Ray Leonard and Carlos Maussa

Comment

Carlos Maussa
      best defense ever
      lmao

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5
        Carlos Maussa
        best defense ever
        lmao

World champion status....Cant be denied.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk
          Haha, I agree. Funny that no one said they resemble Joe Schmoe, with a 1-34-3 record.

Anyway, your trainers would probably know how you all should fight, since they have a better eye for spotting your weaknesses and strengths. No sense in wanting to fight like Mayweather or Hamed, if you don't have the special talent that takes. And let's face it, most of you probably don't. Well schooled fundamentals is what it takes, then when you master that, you can take it from there.
          We are not saying we have the inate natural talent like those fighters, its just that we share a similar sort of mindset to those fighters in terms of how we think the most effective way to beat a fighter is.

so for instance me, i use a lot of Tyson style and it worked so i carry on using it. Thats not the same as me saying im gonna be a champion before Tyson became champion and break the world record.

Comment

my trainer says I counter like tapia and I move like de la hoya, but I have the defence of gatti and b that he means I just take punches

Comment

Random guy, LMFAO. **** doesn't even match up but i got a good laugh.

Most people forget to say I fight like Mayweather or Toney except I get hit 10 times more often. The word they forgot to say is try to fight like Mayweather or Toney.

Offensively I am original. No copycatting here except against a guy my size or smaller , I straight all Aaron Pyror brawl style.

Taller guys at 5'8" and higher
              Defensively, I'm short so I use a lot of crouch, bob and weave with or without lateral movement. Influences are Pernell Whitaker drop like it's hot ass almost on the floor style. When I try to pretend to be a slick black fighter I try to be like Toney and use head movement and torso movement. I don't do it often because it's not that easy and takes alot of work. I do it to taunt sparring partners or give them a different look. When I need a breather against tall guys I move like DLH.

Got used to fighting guys at 140-160 boxingwise. MMA the smallest guys there are 165-175.

Comment

yeah, i dont try to fight like anyone either i keep changing my styles, well thats at least what my trainer says.

Comment

I don't try n mimick nobody!

I fight whatever way is more effective for me, and after I just realise that I fight like certain fighters..

Comment

two words.... Carlos .... Maussa

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
                      <-- Sugar Ray Leonard and Carlos Maussa
                      **** you took mine...Damnit!

Comment

Working...
                      X