Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it unhygenic to use gym gloves that others have used?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the only equipment i would probably share is gloves..cause i have my own 16oz training gloves but our trainer makes us spar in 18oz gloves, which the gym has....

Comment

Yeah, it is. But if you are a healthy individual, you should be ok with that.

Not in flue season though, I can not stress enough on how many people got sick in my gym from sharing the same locker room, let alone the same equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse View Post
        Yeh there is only a few lads who use the clubs gear, maybe cos they have not got the cash to buy they own but that aint they fault but if you can get your own that's always the best way to go. I have used the clubs before and so has my son and your hands smell of some other ****'s sweat so yeh the very next week I went to sports direct and got some really nice Lonsdale bag mits, mine are toughened leather and I got them for 11 quid but on the back of pack it said 39.99 so got a good deal too! I have since bought more gloves for me and my son and also leather skipping ropes, wraps, ankle supports etc etc.
        I think you bought the same heavy bag mitts as me. Mine were 11.99 though reduced from 39.99. I bought size small.

Comment

Ive bought my own stuff now, so i will use my own stuff. The gym bag mitts were just soaked with sweat and uncomfortable to wear when they are that wet and stink to high heaven.

Comment

Boxing gloves will increase the strength or will it weaken the power?

Boxing gloves will increase the strength or will it weaken the power?

Comment

vut? vut you call my dog? Boxing gloves will protect your hands and your friend's face / skeleton and that's about it.

Comment

Yes, it's probably unhygenic. It's boxing, not ballet. If you can get punched in the face you can wear sweaty gloves.

I've used the gym gear for years and years. There's something copacetic about wearing the same sweaty gear that pros have worn.

Comment

Hell yeah I wouldn't wear someone elses sweaty ass gloves man, my own smell bad enough as it is

Comment

Most people take a piss, take a dump, pick their nose and other stuff and don't even wash their hands. Then they sweat like pigs while wearing gym gear and leave it for others to use. I know a couple of guys who got fungus on the palms and fingers from wearing gym gloves. That's why I use my own gear. Why take a chance.

Comment

2 words STAPH INFECTION. Even the pros get infected from using dirty equipment. Kelly Pavlik and Wilfredo Vazquez Jr hand's come into mind. There was a deadly version of staph infection called MSRA running wild a couple years ago. Now do you really want that?

Comment

Working...
                      X