No announcement yet.

Dealing with heavy hands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with heavy hands

@ my gym we spar a lot nowadays but my hands get so heavy I cant keep them up.I just had to adopt the Floyd Mayweather style now because I cant keep my hands up,I use the shoulder roll and all but my trainers want me to keep my hands up.The Mayweather style of defence is effective for me because I'm fast and can counter as well but my trainers want things done their way.I do lift weights as well so I dont know if they have a bearing on my heavy hands.

How could I make my hands light?

well if ur really good, tell them to **** themselves.

what if Nas listened to these vanilla toast trainers? or floyd?

but if you suck you should probably keep your hands up like they say...

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
      @ my gym we spar a lot nowadays but my hands get so heavy I cant keep them up.I just had to adopt the Floyd Mayweather style now because I cant keep my hands up,I use the shoulder roll and all but my trainers want me to keep my hands up.The Mayweather style of defence is effective for me because I'm fast and can counter as well but my trainers want things done their way.I do lift weights as well so I dont know if they have a bearing on my heavy hands.

if u had success sparring with your hands low its for one of two reasons.

1. your sparring garbage fighters.
      2. your sparring good fighters, but when they see you dropping your hands and trying to roll your shoulders they take it easy on you.

you will get a reality check sooner or later, either someone half decent will whupp your ass allover the ring in sparring or once you compete you will wake up in the ring not knowing where you are or what happened.

im not saying this to be mean im saying it to help you improve.

to be successful fighting with your hands down takes so much more than just speed. it takes great relaxation, anticipation and timing just to name a few skills necessary. it takes both great skill and experience to pull it of, you watch floyd fighting these last couple of years and it seems like thats just a style he chose at any given point. but he didnt fight like that as an amateur and he had hundreds of amateur fights. he didnt start rolling his shoulders until he had been a champion in the pro ranks for several years, not until he was crafty enough, and he was always fast.

if the reason your dropping your hands is bcuz you get tired keeping them up and u dont know how to fix it, you have not been in the sport long enough to start rolling your shoulders. keep your hands up, looking in from the outside your trainers can see so much more than you and if they are telling you to keep your hands up they are doing it for a reason. most likely cuz you dont defend as well as u think, just cuz u aint gettin hit doesnt mean u aint open. again, they see more than your sparring partner aswell.

do punch out drills and shoulder conditioning exercises (no heavy weights) to help you keep your hands up.

i had the same problem u did when i was new, and i thought i could get away with keeping my hands down aswell. after years in the gym ive seen so many confused souls make the same mistake, all with the same thought that they have those special talents floyd, hopkins and toney etc have. but its not about some special talent, its about experience for which there is no substitute.

Comment

try to masturbate less and youll see your hand getting lighter

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post

this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FeI88Tc_U

Comment

:d
            Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
            try to masturbate less and youll see your hand getting lighter

I tried that, not true...........

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post

2. your sparring good fighters, but when they see you dropping your hands and trying to roll your shoulders they take it easy on you.

you will get a reality check sooner or later, either someone half decent will whupp your ass allover the ring in sparring or once you compete you will wake up in the ring not knowing where you are or what happened.

to be successful fighting with your hands down takes so much more than just speed. it takes great relaxation, anticipation and timing just to name a few skills necessary. it takes both great skill and experience to pull it of, you watch floyd fighting these last couple of years and it seems like thats just a style he chose at any given point. but he didnt fight like that as an amateur and he had hundreds of amateur fights. he didnt start rolling his shoulders until he had been a champion in the pro ranks for several years, not until he was crafty enough, and he was always fast.

if the reason your dropping your hands is bcuz you get tired keeping them up and u dont know how to fix it, you have not been in the sport long enough to start rolling your shoulders. keep your hands up, looking in from the outside your trainers can see so much more than you and if they are telling you to keep your hands up they are doing it for a reason. most likely cuz you dont defend as well as u think, just cuz u aint gettin hit doesnt mean u aint open. again, they see more than your sparring partner aswell.

do punch out drills and shoulder conditioning exercises (no heavy weights) to help you keep your hands up.

i had the same problem u did when i was new, and i thought i could get away with keeping my hands down aswell. after years in the gym ive seen so many confused souls make the same mistake, all with the same thought that they have those special talents floyd, hopkins and toney etc have. but its not about some special talent, its about experience for which there is no substitute.
              Listen to this man.

Comment

Originally posted by FalconsRB View Post
                :d

I tried that, not true...........
                LOLED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
                  Listen to this man.
                  right listen to them.

Comment

Working...
                  X