Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone here ever hit the heavybag barefisted??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, with time it will damage your hands. You increase your hand speed punching with gloves anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      No, with time it will damage your hands. You increase your hand speed punching with gloves anyway.
      100 percent agree...

Comment

take 1000mgs of calcium daily, with food, if you want stronger bones. hitting the bag glove less will just create openings for injuries later in life.

Comment

LOL... i want the drugs this guys on

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
            i do wrap my hands and use gloves..but sometimes i hit it barefisted just in case of a street fight
            LOL... u shouldn hit heavy bags with no gloves on your just asking for a hand injury .. that's if you're punching the right way in the first place

Comment

Is it better protection to hit the heavy bag with bag mitts or boxing gloves?

With boxing gloves i always fear i will injure my hands because i cant close my fist like you do gloveless. And i cant wrap my thumb around my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Is it better protection to hit the heavy bag with bag mitts or boxing gloves?

With boxing gloves i always fear i will injure my hands because i cant close my fist like you do gloveless. And i cant wrap my thumb around my fingers.
                Definately with boxing gloves, you can use bag mitts for light work but once your bag sessions become more intense your hands will suffer, bag mitts are thin as hell and offer absolutely no protection. Also the heavier glvoes you train with the better your arm endurance will get which is an added bonus.

The reason you cant close your fist is due to those gloves you bought (those cheap lonsdale ones), because the fit is so poor you cant make a proper fist.

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
                  i do wrap my hands and use gloves..but sometimes i hit it barefisted just in case of a street fight
                  you're a moron

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
                    you're a moron

Comment

why do people come to the training section just to insult people and offer no advice or input??

Comment

Working...
                      X