No announcement yet.

Back Pain From Heavy Bag...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Pain From Heavy Bag...

I have a Century Body Bag, I workout everyday, Lower Body One Day and Upper Body Another Day, I am never sore or anything anymore. I've been working out for awhile.

I recently starting hitting the bag every other day, and after I do that, my back always seems to hurt. Mainly my lower back.

Originally posted by htownmade1984 View Post
    I have a Century Body Bag, I workout everyday, Lower Body One Day and Upper Body Another Day, I am never sore or anything anymore. I've been working out for awhile.

I recently starting hitting the bag every other day, and after I do that, my back always seems to hurt. Mainly my lower back.
    probably because your not hitting it right have you ever trained boxing in a gym ?

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
      probably because your not hitting it right have you ever trained boxing in a gym ?
      No I have never trianed in a gym OR with a bag before... Any tips you can give me?

Comment

your back muscles are unbalanced

too much strain on your lower back, some more excerise on it should help, esspecially strenghtening excercises

might wanna ease up on the heavybag a little too

Comment

Maybe you're either bending your back too much and/or knees not bending enough.

Comment

Originally posted by .-|Akrobatic|-. View Post
            your back muscles are unbalanced

too much strain on your lower back, some more excerise on it should help, esspecially strenghtening excercises

might wanna ease up on the heavybag a little too
            Thanks... I have only used the bag twice, on the days when I jump rope, I started using the bag in the evenings. I pretty much just went all out on the bag for 30 minutes each time. I don't lift weights or anything. I just jump rope one day and shadow box the next. Been doing that routine for about 4 months...

Wanted to get in a little extra with a bag.

Comment

Originally posted by htownmade1984 View Post
              Thanks... I have only used the bag twice, on the days when I jump rope, I started using the bag in the evenings. I pretty much just went all out on the bag for 30 minutes each time. I don't lift weights or anything. I just jump rope one day and shadow box the next. Been doing that routine for about 4 months...

Wanted to get in a little extra with a bag.
              yea no prob, i had the exact same problem, i could'nt/can't get enough of the heavybag, i had a terrible back, upped the situps and leg raises(dunno if that's what they're called but for me it is when im in the pull-up position and lift my legs up 90 degrees)

all is good now, hope you get better too

Comment

Originally posted by .-|Akrobatic|-. View Post
                yea no prob, i had the exact same problem, i could'nt/can't get enough of the heavybag, i had a terrible back, upped the situps and leg raises(dunno if that's what they're called but for me it is when im in the pull-up position and lift my legs up 90 degrees)

all is good now, hope you get better too
                Thanks for the tips, they are much appreciated. I'll work on including some lower back exercises into my routine.

Comment

try stretching your hamstrings, the motion of dipping tightens them up which pulls on your hip cradel forcing it in a fixed position which results in you using your lower back alot more then you should be causing lots and lots of pain.

try taking the your feet and putting them one at a time so the back of your heels resting on a chair or a step and the botom pushed agaisnt the back rest then bend your knee as you need to and just lean forward at the cradel not your lower back. you need to keep your back straight if you arch it you will be stretching your lower back not your ham strings.

you should feel it stretching the back of your legs, do this for each leg for a few sets of 20-30 seconds and you should be fine in 3 or 4 days then just make sure you keep it up every few days.
                  Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 08-21-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Maybe you're bending your back too much when you're hitting the bag.

Try going to a real boxing gym so the trainer can tell you how to properly position your back and body and stuff...

Comment

Working...
                    X