No announcement yet.

Anyone drink energy drinks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElHuracan View Post
    I'd be very careful with those if I had high blood pressure. I wasn't allowed to fight. In these past ny golden gloves due to HBP and no medical clearance. While others may not even drink during their training sessions I have to drink more water than the average person due to my crazy HBP. I'm on meds now and told to avoid caffeine and drink lots of water during training. The point of this is, due to personal experience I highly advise against energy drinks due to caffeine and other substances in them that are just a plain terrible idea for someone with HBP. Just my .02
    Wow! I was wondering why I sweated they I do, I mean I sweat baddd! I have also had high blood pressure since I was in my early twenties. Fit as a fiddle but the blood pressure (resting) could go through the roof. I am not on meds but I drink between two and four litres of water per day.

My doctor (actually a walk in clinic doctor)told me it was due to an medication that I am on.

I am going to have to start monitoring again. Thanks for this post, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by WAR ENGLAND View Post
      What about the energy shots are they any good?
      Same difference. They are all but based on coffeine and sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
        Same difference. They are all but based on coffeine and sugar.
        some energy shots dont have sugar

Drinkin energy drinks for fighting and training is ****in stupid, you already get your heart up to 170 or 180, do you really need it up to 200 or more which is close to a heart attack?

Bad for your heart cuz it brings the rate too high

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
          I drink energy drinks the only problem is if i drink alot despite the amount of energy i gain temporarly, my penis will never stand up..
          VPX Black Pearl... look into it.

I prefer Redline over Rockstar and Red Bull. Redline doesn't have any sugar if I remember correctly, unlike Rockstar and Red Bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
            some energy shots dont have sugar

Drinkin energy drinks for fighting and training is ****in stupid, you already get your heart up to 170 or 180, do you really need it up to 200 or more which is close to a heart attack?

Bad for your heart cuz it brings the rate too high
            From a diet standpoint you may be correct, however there are zero calorie compounds that potentiate coffeine just as well as sugar. The whole point of adding sugar to coffeine is their synergetic effects.

Comment

I really don't like consuming high amounts of caffeine prior to working out, especially when I'm doing something that's high intense. My heartrate will already be high enough, I just feel nauseous with the added effects from the caffeine.

I drank an energy drink before the first time I sparred. Huge mistake. I didn't know I was going to be sparring, they just told me to go ahead and do it. Your already tense enough the first time you spar, I felt like I was going to have a heart attack after the first round.

As far as energy drinks, I have one every now and then when I really need a kick but I try not to drink them on a constant basis because I'm concerned about the long term effects. When I do drink one I try to drink something low in sugar. Personally, I like Monster Hitman shots. They are only a few ounces and just have a little sugar and give a good kick. I like the shots opposed to the full size cans because you either have to drink something loaded in sugar or something that has artificial sugar. Plus they're only $1 each at Big Lots which is probably the main reason I buy them.

Comment

Working...
              X