No announcement yet.

First Open Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Open Fight

This was my 12th fight first open fight the guy i fough omar douglas had 50 or so. So I think i did ok any pointers

This is a new post the 1st video down is now my 18th fight

Last edited by jjones10591; 10-17-2010, 08:15 PM. Reason: added new video

wich one are you ?

edit: nvm figured it out
    Last edited by bernardotelo; 07-07-2010, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Pretty good, couple of times u would drop your right hand when you jabbed, throw more jabs too, one more thing is lots of times you would come out of a slip/weave/crouch with your hands down. Couple more things but hey it's all a learning experience, you did good, nice fight.

Comment

You did pretty well man. You could tell that other guy was experienced and was pretty good. A few times you walked into range without punching, your hands were a bit low the whole time, and a few times you backed up with your hands low. But still, pretty good I think. You gave away a lot of experience to a good fighter, and fought back hard after those counts.

Comment

Good job man. Open is rough sometimes. My first open class fight (12th overall) was also against a guy with 50 fights. He kicked my ass and I lost by 27 points haha. But then I got two fights with guys that were my experience level and I beat them both.

You'll get matched up with guys alot better and lose but you got to learn from it.

Comment

That's one of the better fights we've seen on here. Finally a fight to comment, who's not lacking all the basics. Be proud of yourself. His footwork were outclassing you. Work on that and how to cut off the ring, and you're on the right way. Otherwise you were a bit open to his left hook.
            I liked what I saw!! Really good job, fighting a guy with 4x the fight of you.

Comment

Not related to the video (sorry about that haha, btw I thought you fought really well, just need to work on your hands) but what is an open fight ?

Comment

That was really good for your first open fight against a fighter like that. I thought it was pretty close, his punching was a bit cripser at times along with his D, but that definitely was a solid performance. What did you think about the difference in the lengths of the round after the fight was over? I'm going to be in open soon and am a little nervous about adjusting my pace for the 3 x 3.

Comment

good stuff man... u were there putttin up with his level...then towards the end he was catchin up 2 u.... but good stuff man!!
                  wat division is this?!?!
                  141??!

Comment

Originally posted by XJabCrossX View Post
                    Not related to the video (sorry about that haha, btw I thought you fought really well, just need to work on your hands) but what is an open fight ?
                    I see you are from Australia, same as me. Open class is like fighters with over 10 fights. We kind of have it here in Aus, not really for normal fights though, but in tournaments like Golden gloves there is usually a novice and then an open division or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                    X