Need to Lose at 23 lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I train about 3 hours a day 4-5 times a week and eat like a pig

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
    Today ill probly have egg salad sandwhich on wheat, applesauce, yogurt, bagel, 2 packs of ramen noodles with 1/4 cup parm butter salt an pepper on each, 1 belgin waffel, pack of tastey cakes, jimmy dean microwaveable b-fast sandwhich, a couple glasses of oj and milk, cup of green tea, water mellon, vanilla ice cream cone with chocolate jimmies, and a few slices of swiss cheese.
    Ive starting taking this hoodia stuff tuesday last week and from then to friday i lost about 16 lb in water weight then after the weekend i ending up losing a total of 6 actual pounds and dropping 1% bf.

if you need something to help you control your appetite just a little i recommend this hoodia stuff but dont waste your money and take the reccomended dosage. I got some hydroxy cut brand hoodia and it recommends 3 tablets twice a day an hour before meals making my 60 capsel bottle last 10 days.....instead since i got them ive only been taking 2 tablets alittle before lunch to help control my afternoon and night time snacking and its been working fine.

Comment

The problem I have on this forum is that when people are talking about losing weight the emphasize the training more then the diet.

The diet is key to safely and effectively lose weight, keep training hard but if you arent eating exactly what you should then this process will be painful.

Personally, I have never had to lose that much weight in a short amount of time but I know it will take a strict diet and proper conditioning so you stay strong.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
        What weight are you now?

Do you have fat on your body?

191, with some fat that should be lost

Comment

Of course its possible....just work hard....

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
            Listen to a selective few because most of these don't know what they're talking about. I've lost 20+ pounds in 2 months from boxing training.

Train 2-3 hours a day and have a good diet setup, and it'll be easy. I use to run for the first 20 minutes to half hour and then just do all the boxing realted drills.

I was shedding 3-5 pounds daily, most of it water weight that you'll gain back, but what I didn't gain back, I knew wasn't coming back because of the training. Drink plenty of water and liquids by August 26, you'll be straight.
            Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            The problem I have on this forum is that when people are talking about losing weight the emphasize the training more then the diet.

The diet is key to safely and effectively lose weight, keep training hard but if you arent eating exactly what you should then this process will be painful.

Personally, I have never had to lose that much weight in a short amount of time but I know it will take a strict diet and proper conditioning so you stay strong.

Good Luck
            True. I'll add that I was eating a solid diet full of protein. The most common foods would be:

Boneless chicken breast cooked alone on the Foreman grill or on a skillet with butter. This would be with either broccoli, potatoes, or inside a salad.

Eggs 1 yolk 3-4 whites either scrambled or an omelet with chopped vegetables

Tuna or fish of any kind would be straight

Eat your share of carbs, but limit them to breakfast and the first half of the afternoon. Take a day off in the week from the diet to reinvigorate your body by eating whatever you want, but just limiting the portions of it. Good luck with that Kyubi.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kyubi View Post
              Hey guys, so I started up boxing about 2 weeks ago. Been training like a madman and conditioning best I could. My coach wants to put me in an amateur match August 27th if I keep on progressing the way I am. Thing is I need to lose 23-25 more lbs to make 169. Is this possible, while still staying healthy?
              that seems like a lot of weight to lose in a short time.. take your time these matches aint going anywhere.. and to lose the wight just run alot 4 days a week and train 4-5 times a week and dont eat like a ghavone and you'll be good

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
                I wasn't being "ironic", or what the poster probably meant: sarcastic.

I was being factual. Twenty pounds in waterweight can be dropped before a weigh-in and regained right afterwards. Done it myself.

E
                lol not for an amatuer fight.. lmao id probably have to jumprope for 6 hours straight to lose 20 pounds of water weight and then collapse

Comment

Originally posted by zaheer View Post
                  WOW! you can drop twenty pounds in water weight and feel great. You need to let me in on your techniques.
                  How to Cut and Make Weight

by Martin Rooney, MHS, PT, CSCS, NASM

Fluid Restriction

The simplest and most effective way to begin the weight cutting process is to decrease or stop fluid intake. Your body is constantly losing fluid by breathing, sweating and urination. Every minute and hour that this goes by without replacing the fluid, you will lose weight. This process takes no extra energy from a fighter to complete, and you can lose up to 5-6 pounds in 24 hours without drinking. My athletes never go over 24 hours without fluid, and we usually start the fluid restriction exactly 24 hours before the weigh in. Before beginning the fluid restriction, there are some tricks to losing the maximum amount of fluid over that 24 hours.

For the fifth, fourth and third days before the weigh in, I have my athletes consume 2 gallons of water a day. They carry the gallon jug around with them so they know how much fluid they are taking in. At this time, the athlete also can be more liberal with sodium in his diet (we don’t go heavy on the sodium, but a little increase can help later as you will see). This increased water intake triggers hormones in the body to excrete more urine than usual. This response will be essential in losing fluid the day before the weigh in. Two days before the weigh in, the fighter cuts the fluid intake to one gallon of water, and cuts out the sodium from the diet. Finally, the last day before the weigh in, the fighter takes in no fluids, no sodium, and only food that I will describe later. This process is effortless, and only requires a little discipline and tolerance of a dry mouth.

Sweating

The next most popular way to decrease weight before a weigh in is to sweat out fluid from the body. This can be done in a number of ways, and can take off 5-10 pounds of weight in a short period of time depending on the conditions. This is a great method because even if the athlete is already lean, there will still be fluid that can be lost. The limitations to this method are that it requires great amounts of energy expenditure, and can sap strength from the fight the next day. The goal for using this method would be to take off the weight you need to lose with the least amount of fatigue for the athlete.

The simplest way to use this method is to exercise. That can be as simple as running or jumping rope, to as complex as cardio fight circuits involving punching, kicks, takedowns and sprinting. Depending on how quickly you need to lose the weight and the temperature of the area you are in, you will get a feel for what style you need to use. In addition to the exercise, athletes commonly use plastic suits and heavy clothing to increase the body temperature and enhance the sweating response. Just remember not to overheat. Athletes have actually died from overheating using some of these methods. (I must repeat that the goal is to be within 10 pounds by the day before the weigh in so that any methods you use don’t need to be drastic).

In addition to exercise, athletes can also use a sauna or hot bath or shower to lose fluid as well. A dry sauna is the most powerful of the three for weight loss and this loss should be monitored. Time spent in the sauna or hot showers should be at small 15-30 minute intervals to check weight loss. This brings up a great point that it would be a good idea to travel with your own scale to monitor how much weight you are losing. The last thing you need to do is lose too much weight. We always travel with a scale to keep track of our weight status.

URL to book: http://www.amazon.com/Training-Warri.../dp/0061374334

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
                  lol not for an amatuer fight.. lmao id probably have to jumprope for 6 hours straight to lose 20 pounds of water weight and then collapse

Yes for an amateur fight, at least if you're serious. You're in for a rude awakening with your opponent has done it and outweighs you by twenty U.S. pounds. Have fun taking your beating.

Steamroom. No need to jump anything. And

E

Comment

Working...
                  X