Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Sparring Match. (Amateur Level)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your head movement is good but relying on it as much as you seem to burns more energy than required. You are fighting very tense, that tenseness burns more energy and causes you to make wilder movements than needed.
    The position of your hands is quite low and is also away from your face when your not throwing punches.
    My advice for all of the above would be when your sparring for the next month or 2, try to step in and relax, hold both hands to your forehead, make a heart shape with the gloves between the palm of your hands and the top of your gloves. Keep the gloves tight together without being tense and keep the top of the gloves touching your forehead. Learn to take many straight shots into the gloves while you hold this position and relax, where he tries a hook step back out of range, relax and frustrate your opponent. As you get more use to relaxing and getting the other guy to burn energy, throw in some counters and plan your attacks. When your relaxed like this it also helps you to think easier and spot his weaknesses.
    It's good though, bar the positon of the hands and tenseness, that can be expected at this stage though

Comment

Originally posted by colly10 View Post
      Your head movement is good but relying on it as much as you seem to burns more energy than required. You are fighting very tense, that tenseness burns more energy and causes you to make wilder movements than needed.
      The position of your hands is quite low and is also away from your face when your not throwing punches.
      My advice for all of the above would be when your sparring for the next month or 2, try to step in and relax, hold both hands to your forehead, make a heart shape with the gloves between the palm of your hands and the top of your gloves. Keep the gloves tight together without being tense and keep the top of the gloves touching your forehead. Learn to take many straight shots into the gloves while you hold this position and relax, where he tries a hook step back out of range, relax and frustrate your opponent. As you get more use to relaxing and getting the other guy to burn energy, throw in some counters and plan your attacks. When your relaxed like this it also helps you to think easier and spot his weaknesses.
      It's good though, bar the positon of the hands and tenseness, that can be expected at this stage though
      Yeah, excess movement seems to be my problem.

I'll give your advice a try next time I spar.

Thanks alot, man.

Comment

u fight like an oldman that drank barrel of coffe..

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyBud View Post
          u fight like an oldman that drank barrel of coffe..
          Is that a good or bad thing? O.o

Comment

haha what song is that? Your latino im going to guess and how much you weight?
            Last edited by ElGuero408; 06-16-2010, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElGuero408 View Post
              haha what song is that? Your latino im going to guess and how much you weight?
              The song's name is "El Sonidito" By the band: Hechizeros.

Yeah, I'm latino.

I weighed 183 in that fight.

I weight around 179 currently.

Comment

Good stuff man. I would take advice from this thread. How long you been boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by ElGuero408 View Post
                  Good stuff man. I would take advice from this thread. How long you been boxing?
                  I started my Sop****re year, which was two years ago.

I just graduated high school.

I used to go to an actual Boxing Gym for that first year until it got waaay too expensive.

Then my school started a boxing club, so I continued at my school for my Junior and Senior Year.

Comment

Originally posted by "Shion" View Post
                    This is a match I had last Friday, June the 11th 2010.

I wanted some input from you guys on how I did.

So please give me some constructive criticism.

Thanks alot guys, enjoy the fight.

Oh, I am the dude in Blue by the way.
                    Watched literally 30 seconds.. keep your hands up, slow down and quit jumping around for no reason, and stop crossing your feet every 3 seconds. You can punch fine but everything else was lacking.. work on calming down, that's probably the worst part.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
                      Watched literally 30 seconds.. keep your hands up, slow down and quit jumping around for no reason, and stop crossing your feet every 3 seconds. You can punch fine but everything else was lacking.. work on calming down, that's probably the worst part.
                      Yeah, so far people have been saying that I seem very uptight.

I will work on staying calm.

Comment

Working...
                      X