No announcement yet.

Advantages and Disadvantages of Being a Southpaw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
    Uh huh, activities, sure. Get your mind out of the gutter Mr. Salty. You are sick.

lol, my mind is in he gutter? I never intended it to be an innuendo homme.

I ain't going back and forth with you. Good day maricon.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

What does that mean for us ambidextrous people?
      you are very confused, you're not sure if you like boys or girls?

Comment

It's pronounced "orthodox"

Comment

i find when southpaw fights an orthodox fighter the fight seems to be more in and out than when both fighters are same stance. when your fighting a southpaw from orthadox your basically fighting a mirror image, so the game becomes more about timing and reactions more than technique. learn to fight both ways and learn from youtube, joe calzaghe, pacquiao, marvin hagler all good southpaws.

Comment

I'm a natural southpaw and I have to completely disagree saying that timing overcomes technique. You must not be a fighter to say this. (I assume) because never have I once changed my style to basically a "tag, you're it" contest from what you're saying and I also love fighting on the inside as a southpaw. My assumption is that you are a spectator and commenting on what you see. When you're in an actual match/spar...what have you, anything can be done if you apply yourself, you're no automatically stuck in a position "just because". Don't get offended but, that's how it is. If you are a fighter and have these views then you need to broaden your game and if you're just commentating from what you see as a spectator then you are mistaken.

Edit: I do however agree that you should learn to fight on both stances. Even though I am a natural lefty Ive also been trained by my uncle to fight orthodox as you can see me in my avatar countering the southpaw jab with a straight right. That's me @ 135-138 sparring a 175lbr. I love sparring taller/Bigger fighters so I can improve my counters/inside game.
            Last edited by {Pito}; 06-17-2010, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X