Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitting the mitts video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have anything to post, video wise?? If not, get lost. I get the feeling "2Tough", ain't "2Tough" at all.

Comment

Get in a gym, fast, before your fully engrained with bad habits

Comment

im going to give you a tip, a real tip.........

ur holding the wrong pad hand up for the jab. jab should land on the right pad [right arm of pad holder], not the left. jabs and right hands should be on the right pad.

just saved you like 5 years. your welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett View Post

ur holding the wrong pad hand up for the jab. jab should land on the right pad [right arm of pad holder], not the left. jabs and right hands should be on the right pad.

^^although you rarely find someone who holds pads this way he is absolutely right.

..my coach at uni was the first guy to do that and it makes a big difference to punch accuracy, strange seeing as my coach at home is more sucessful but hasn't clocked it yet :s

Comment

Not bad, but a few quick things.

You need to work on your extension. If you are trying to work light and just high volume, you still need to be getting full extension on your punches.

After you throw combos and punches, you stand back admiring it with your hands low. Get your hands up, and don't drop straight back.

On your combo/counter, jab right back right. You pivot to the left after, this is wrong. After throwing a right hand, you should be pivoting to the right since you are already protecting most of your body with your right arm/shoulder. Pivoting to the left after a right you leave yourself very exposed for walking into a counter right yourself. Normally when you throw a punch, you pivot to that side.

Mainly, you need to work on extending your punches, throwing them properly, and keeping your hands up. You are working on more advanced stuff and slipping into bad habbits that are going to be very hard to break.

Comment

straight knowledge right here take note.

Comment

thanks to all the advice. really appreciate all the constructive posts. im aware of the bad habits i perform like not extending on certain combos and stepping in certain directions and having my guard down from time to time but this was just for workout purposes and not to prepare for a fight or train for a smoker. when doing long combinations that one hits harder then 50% its tough to fully extend and the main point isn't to punch full force but to react with the correct combination with balance and shifting weight correctly. from watching, one can see that both me and my partner shift our weight and pivot and turn our hips in our punches as apposed to just throwing our arms out to touch the pads and this takes a lot out of you because of having to constantly keep your core tight and torquing back and forth. there may be some contradictions but its the focus that matter at least for me. the focus is creating muscle memory with combinations. there is a difference between having bad habits and not caring and then having bad habits and being aware of them.

believe me when i say that im my own biggest critic. if i were to prepare for a smoker, i would have unbelievable expectations of myself before i feel that i am ready even for a smoker that doesn't even count for a record and where there is technically no winner.

again i appreciate that you guys are taking your time to watch my vids and help out with technique and such and also giving feedback in general.

thanks again guys. as long as you keep watching and giving feedback, ill keep puttin up vids.

ps: if you are interested in requesting certain workouts like
                -what can i do if i want to do these kind of workouts but i dont have a bench
                -could you do a review on this workout and post a vid
                -workout routine requests
                and so on...
                please send me a message on my youtube about your request and i'll see what i can do.

Comment

Coach Russ Anber teaches that straight punches should both be on the right hand of the guy holding the target, but it seems most coaches (including Freddie Roach) have their boxer throwing their jab at the left target, and their cross (orthodox) at right target. I suspect that they feel that the boxer would get better rotation at their waist from this practice.

Anways, I'm going to give you some constructive tips on your technique.

Chin- lower you chin into your chest and left shoulder as it's way too exposed
                  Defence- keep your hands up as you drop you hands after your combos
                  Right cross- pivot your back foot and rotate your waist when throwing instead of lazily stepping forward with the back foot
                  Left hook- pivot your front foot and shift your weight to the back instead of leaning forward
                  Right uppercut- if you drop your right hand to wind up for power, bring your head down with your hand, also torque your waist for the punch
                  Mitt holding- hold the target closer to your head instead of meeting your partner for his punches. You guys are extending too much with the focus mitts that the puncher barely has to throw to reach the target which is unrealistic

Advice- Focus on mastering each basic punch before you string together Coach Rick/Mayweather punch routines. Keep up with the training though. 1

Comment

Originally posted by g0tcha View Post
                    thanks to all the advice. really appreciate all the constructive posts. im aware of the bad habits i perform like not extending on certain combos and stepping in certain directions and having my guard down from time to time but this was just for workout purposes and not to prepare for a fight or train for a smoker. when doing long combinations that one hits harder then 50% its tough to fully extend and the main point isn't to punch full force but to react with the correct combination with balance and shifting weight correctly. from watching, one can see that both me and my partner shift our weight and pivot and turn our hips in our punches as apposed to just throwing our arms out to touch the pads and this takes a lot out of you because of having to constantly keep your core tight and torquing back and forth. there may be some contradictions but its the focus that matter at least for me. the focus is creating muscle memory with combinations. there is a difference between having bad habits and not caring and then having bad habits and being aware of them.

believe me when i say that im my own biggest critic. if i were to prepare for a smoker, i would have unbelievable expectations of myself before i feel that i am ready even for a smoker that doesn't even count for a record and where there is technically no winner.

again i appreciate that you guys are taking your time to watch my vids and help out with technique and such and also giving feedback in general.

thanks again guys. as long as you keep watching and giving feedback, ill keep puttin up vids.

ps: if you are interested in requesting certain workouts like
                    -what can i do if i want to do these kind of workouts but i dont have a bench
                    -could you do a review on this workout and post a vid
                    -workout routine requests
                    and so on...
                    please send me a message on my youtube about your request and i'll see what i can do.
                    I see where you're coming from, but, from all the vids that i've watched from you. You make the same exact mistakes, but you always have an excuse for 'em.

So, when are we gonna see the refined version ?

Comment

Originally posted by 1 on 1 View Post
                      I see where you're coming from, but, from all the vids that i've watched from you. You make the same exact mistakes, but you always have an excuse for 'em.

So, when are we gonna see the refined version ?
                      Hah I see what you mean but not excuses at all. Just telling you how it is. As for refined version, I'd love to put one up but probably down the road for sure if I plan to prepare for a smoker or something. Thanks for comments all

Comment

Working...
                      X