Boxing gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing gloves

Hey people,

i've got 2 question for you on this one.

1. Do different weight divisions wear different gloves? If not what weight does each division wear, if so, what is the universal weight of gloves?

2. I'm looking at buying a new pair of gloves. There primary use will be punching the heavy bag and working on focus mitts. I was wondering if i would be better of buying a pair of proper 10oz boxing gloves and getting used to the weight and feel of them, or, buying a pair of heavy bag traing gloves, the curled ones that dont have thumb support?

Any comments will be much appriciated, thanks in advance for your help.

Originally posted by Supafly25
    Hey people,

i've got 2 question for you on this one.

1. Do different weight divisions wear different gloves? If not what weight does each division wear, if so, what is the universal weight of gloves?

2. I'm looking at buying a new pair of gloves. There primary use will be punching the heavy bag and working on focus mitts. I was wondering if i would be better of buying a pair of proper 10oz boxing gloves and getting used to the weight and feel of them, or, buying a pair of heavy bag traing gloves, the curled ones that dont have thumb support?

Any comments will be much appriciated, thanks in advance for your help.

Yes weight of the gloves matter in the pro's

Heavyweights wear ones larger then feather due to the size difference....

If you are wanting to hit the bag and mitts, I would suggest 12oz gloves they are heavier then most and if you decide to ever lace up a pair for a fight and the gloves are lighter your hands will fly...

I would have to give the nod on getting the ones with the thumb support, you need all the support you can get...

Also get some wraps first rule in bag work or whenever the gloves are on is WRAPS! Very important you dont need to hurt or break anything in your hands or wrist.

Comment

I weigh 76 kg (167 pounds). If i was to fight what weight gloves would i wear. Also i live in Australia and the only gloves i can find are Everlast Bronx collection. They do not lace up but have velcro straps, does this make much of a difference? Thanks for your help.

Comment

I weigh 76 kg (167 pounds). If i was to fight what weight gloves would i wear. Also i live in Australia and the only gloves i can find are Everlast Bronx collection. They do not lace up but have velcro straps, does this make much of a difference? Thanks for your help.

10 oz

Velcro straps are better for training, It is impossible to lace a glove up by yourself when one is on the other hand...

Go with Velcro.

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
          10 oz

Velcro straps are better for training, It is impossible to lace a glove up by yourself when one is on the other hand...

Go with Velcro.
          hrrrrrm, just thought of that. Thanks

Comment

hrrrrrm, just thought of that. Thanks

Not a problem...

Comment

iI say get a few pairs of gloves

i have 3 pairs

2 training gloves(One 12 one 14 ounces)
              i always use the 14 ounce whn i spar and on the bags or jsut whenever i train

and my other glove is the same used in the amatures velcro

i have handwraps as well
              which helps

but if you going to fight its not really up to youw hich size you use

if you train i say use heavy gloves 12 14 ounces
              and push it

Comment

I have 16 oz. gloves, and I think they are too huge, I think I need alot smaller pair, but is 16 oz. still ok for hitting the bag?

Comment

Originally posted by Atwa_66
                  I have 16 oz. gloves, and I think they are too huge, I think I need alot smaller pair, but is 16 oz. still ok for hitting the bag?
                  They should be fine, i wear 14oz for sparring so i dont damage my hands and the opponents to much!!

www.ringside.com do very good gloves, i use the superbag gloves for bag work.

I use Everlast gloves for fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
                    They should be fine, i wear 14oz for sparring so i dont damage my hands and the opponents to much!!

www.ringside.com do very good gloves, i use the superbag gloves for bag work.

I use Everlast gloves for fighting.
                    Ok that's cool, thanks alot

Comment

Working...
                    X