• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a diet

Here's my rough diet plan:

morning: bowl of plain oatmeal and either a banana or an apple
    lunch: 3-4 pieces of rolled up lunch meat (turkey, etc...) and grapes
    dinner: heres the tricky part where i eat whatever is available that day but try and keep it to a small portion

how does this sound to you guys?

and also, i'm craving pizza tonight but not sure if i should eat it...if i do eat it how many pieces isnt considered bad? thanks all

Honestly man I don't think eating pizza one night will hurt you. Just work extra hard to burn it off the next day.

Comment

ok....but as far as the diet goes is that lookin good?

Comment

I don't know man, it's hard to comment on any diet without knowing your goals and what have you. That diet seems to be aimed at.. starving yourself?

Comment

AS long as you arent working out that hard. If you burn more than 1000 calories than you take in, your body doesnt let go of fat as easily. Having a 1000-1500 calorie deficiet is not only a bummer, but it doesnt help you lose weight.

Also, one day of eating doesnt make you fat, and one day of dieting doesnt make you skinny. It's the unhealthy patterns that make unhealthy people. Have pizza, just not every other day.

Comment

If that's all you're eating and you are trying to train for boxing you're going to be in trouble and will have no energy.

Here's basically my diet that I'm using right now as I lose weight for a tournament in a couple weeks.

#1 - Protein shake, half banana, 1/2 cup oatmeal
            #2 - Scrambled egg whites with broccoli
            #3 - Salad with 1/2 chicken breast and half of a whole wheat tortilla (plain)
            #4 - 1-1.5 hours before I start training: Sweet potato, 1/2 chicken breast, broccoli or green beans
            #5 - Have a banana just before I start training and a protein shake when I finish (I bring these with me to the gym so I can have them right before and right after)
            #6 - If I'm starving before bed I'll have a small dish of cottage cheese.

I'll also usually have an apple at some point during the day. Drinking 6-8 litres of water per day. I have plenty of energy, but I'm still losing weight.

On your diet you will probably lose weight really quick the first few days, then feel like crap and have no energy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
              If that's all you're eating and you are trying to train for boxing you're going to be in trouble and will have no energy.

Here's basically my diet that I'm using right now as I lose weight for a tournament in a couple weeks.

#1 - Protein shake, half banana, 1/2 cup oatmeal
              #2 - Scrambled egg whites with broccoli
              #3 - Salad with 1/2 chicken breast and half of a whole wheat tortilla (plain)
              #4 - 1-1.5 hours before I start training: Sweet potato, 1/2 chicken breast, broccoli or green beans
              #5 - Have a banana just before I start training and a protein shake when I finish (I bring these with me to the gym so I can have them right before and right after)
              #6 - If I'm starving before bed I'll have a small dish of cottage cheese.

I'll also usually have an apple at some point during the day. Drinking 6-8 litres of water per day. I have plenty of energy, but I'm still losing weight.

On your diet you will probably lose weight really quick the first few days, then feel like crap and have no energy.

That's pretty sound. How much weight you losing?

I remember trying to make 106 last year, I was eating a tiny ass bowl of porridge for breakfast, then a small salad for lunch, then a small bowl of cereal before training, and no dinner. As well as not much water. I was weak as hell and didn't make it lol. Fortunately I know more now, and won't make that mistake again.

Comment

dude that sounds really bad.. I heard that the diet in the book '7 pounds in 7 days' is a good way to burn weight reasonably quickly and keep energy, but you sure aint gonna be at full strength just eating that.

..if you up your portion at breakfast time to a large dinner-sized meal you might just get away with it

Comment

Originally posted by Righthandbanger View Post
                  dude that sounds really bad.. I heard that the diet in the book '7 pounds in 7 days' is a good way to burn weight reasonably quickly and keep energy, but you sure aint gonna be at full strength just eating that.

..if you up your portion at breakfast time to a large dinner-sized meal you might just get away with it
                  I was just about to say that! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, as im sure youve heard before OP! But honestly, even upping your breakfast portion, its a slim chance youll be able to train hard and feel good, you gotta have a decent sized good diet, but for some people its easier to train on nothing.. I sure as hell am not one of those people, I need 3 meals to fill me up everyday and usually a snack or two as well, but i just eat in smaller portions when im cutting and i eat smart too, no fast food, maybe once or twice a month, and thats if theres nothing at my house or im in a hurry but i need something to eat. Also, if you are a fast food eater, just stop, eat at home, save money and youll be able to eat a little more home cooked food than you will fast food and get away with it when trying to lose the weight, fast food completely ****s your cause if you eat it too much!

Comment

Forum is only place for people who wants their worthless voice to be somehow heard, total BS to seek out info. Google this: intense-workout.com. I am 5"8.5 was 194lbs, I am 164lb now, this site helps. I dont do adveertising.

Comment

Working...
                    X