Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need headgear that will protect my eyes...please help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 915 View Post
    I feel it but I don't get injuries to the extent that you get them (eye). It sucks but the truth is it may be very difficult for you to pursue a career in professional fighting with the injuries you get. As awesome as boxing is I would hope that your well being is more important to you than risking your eyesight in a fight. Maybe you should become a trainer as some have suggested. At least it would get you involved in boxing and perhaps involvement in the professional ranks as well. After all a fighter is nothing without his/her trainer.
    ive thought of this but a trainer doesnt experience the same kind of glory that a fighter does

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post
    Facebar headgear.
    can you show me an example

Comment

Winning headgear is the one you want. I prefer the fg2900. same amount of eye protection as the facebar headgear. It's gonna run you around $200 bucks, but if you're serious, it doesn't get any better.

Comment

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
        but the only thing ive EVER wanted to be was a professional fighter...so its harder than that...

i cant wear a cage in a professional fight so what am i going to do?

might as well take a gun out and pull the trigger on myself if i cant do what i love most

i dont understand though. you are telling me that when you get punched directly in the eye area, you dont feel a thing? thats hard to comprehend for me.
        life throws up some ****ty cards at times a wanted to be a boxer but since a could remember a sufferd from constant nose bleeds nose would start pissin for no reason 4 operations later it finaly fixed a was 25yr old by this point and anyway if a bang it,it still bleeds so a stiff jab would burts it,its fine having nose bleeds fighting in the street fights dont last long and breathing doesnt come into it.a feel your pain just do something else a started lifting weights and a got bag and speedball

Comment

lots of pros wear facebar headgear when training

Comment

i will not be coaching for boxing instead ill try other sports if i were u.. ! ive always wnted to play american football , but we dont have it here in the phils heheh

Comment

Originally posted by Right2TheTemple View Post
              i will not be coaching for boxing instead ill try other sports if i were u.. ! ive always wnted to play american football , but we dont have it here in the phils heheh
              but fighting is the only thing i ever wanted to do...it is the only thing that i can be proud to say is my profession

when someone asks me what i do for a living. i would take great pride in saying "im a professional fighter"

but if i say "im a coach" or "im a truck driver" etc. i dont get the same feeling of pride. i dont know how i can live if i cant become a pro fighter

nobody else has this problem with their eyes?. wow i must be so unlucky

Comment

nobody?

Comment

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
                  but fighting is the only thing i ever wanted to do...it is the only thing that i can be proud to say is my profession

when someone asks me what i do for a living. i would take great pride in saying "im a professional fighter"
                  That is an attitude common amongst LARPers. Are you even good enough to go pro?

Comment

he sounds like he'd get stole on with his whining

***** QUIT that whining before I STEAL OFF on you

Comment

/

im an amature boxer myself and have had 2 fights both of which i won, i spar on a regualr basis and i wear contact lenses.

if your that desprate to box, contact leses could be an option,
                      it would protect your eye from the dry eye lids,
                      i think you can even get special ones that keep the eyes moist,
                      i spar all the time with mine in and they very raley come out, if one comes outu just put another one in wen u get home,
                      even tho u may have perfect vision u may be able to get contact leses which just dont alter your sight at all, just keep ur eyes moist.
                      some pro boxers even box with contact lenses in,

it sounds a little silly but if u really wanna box then its an option, i do it cos i have to and it hasnt stoped me boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X