No announcement yet.

Boxing/sparring With Bad Vision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

er turn of capslock please.

Doctor havnt told me anything and im nearsighted. You should try to see if you can spar. If u really cant see the gloves and hands you shouldnt go matches but train it for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by zip
      er turn of capslock please.

Doctor havnt told me anything and im nearsighted. You should try to see if you can spar. If u really cant see the gloves and hands you shouldnt go matches but train it for fun.
      if i spar im going to sparr with contacts

Comment

The Problem Is That They Said If I Get Hit With A Lot Of Big Hits I Could Go Blind

Comment

Well all i can say is to try it. You can always quit during a pass if you feel bad.

Comment

If it has a pretty decent chance of making you go blind.. I really wouldn't do it, most of the time boxing is temporary, sight and living life to the fullest with it is forever. What would you do without sight man? Make a Decision Making Module, pro's and con's of each, in my eyes, the bad outweighs the good. As I do like the sport of boxing,(I participate in it myself) I don't think I would do it under the circumstances you are delt. If you REALLLLLLY think you LOOOVE the sport and want to make it forever.. Why not. Nothing to lose....

Comment

Originally posted by My_Sport
              Why not. Nothing to lose....
              Except your vision?. Can't exactly "make boxing forever" if you can't see.. Hehh, decision making module..

Comment

I also have poor vision, and I was told by many people to just quit boxing, but i can't. I love what I do. I love to spar, and I love to box, and I don't see myself quitting in the future.

Comment

i hav bad vision as well

i cant see **** but when i box its nto a problem

i jsut feel whats going on

Comment

My vision is bad but only looking far away but i dont think it matters unless you cant see a punch coming.

Comment

^^^^if i sparr im going to do it with my contacts

Comment

Working...
                      X