Collapse
No announcement yet.

heres a round me sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how 'bout some footage of you on the heavy bag so we can see if you got some of that heavyweight power!

Comment

Originally posted by toehead
      how 'bout some footage of you on the heavy bag so we can see if you got some of that heavyweight power!

ive been told i have power
      ive droped dudeds with one punc before

btu i personally dont rmember ever hitting
      someone full on

either tomm or monday ma post vids me on the heavy bag and speed bag maybe the double end bag and some jump rope

iwould like to get some pad work on vid as well

i dont even care about knocking people out
      illr ather win UD by outboxing them
      then kncok them out in the first

anyoen can knock anyone out if they land
      not everyone can get a UD by boxing

thats why in my vids i move alot and slip alot

im a counter puncher
      im 180-185 fightin at HW

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5
        my lead left and lead left hook has been doing damage
        i dont feel comfortable throing the lead right much
        i do sometimes
        and sometimes i throw the quick hook after a jab
        similar to wlad klitchkos
        Although i throw the lead right hook in a southpaw stance i still got the move from Wlad Klitchko, it looks nothing like what he does but the idea was so effective i just had to do it

I'm a switch hitter, i wasnt a natural southpaw but i always liked to do it, the problem was i had a **** straight left, it felt really weird throwing it, so effectively i was a one handed southpaw!! But i can honestly say its one of my most hurtful and natural punches now.

Even if you dont use the punch in sparring or a fight you shouldnt limit yourself in training, i throw every single shot i can think of on the bags. I've got to the stage were my coach says every single shot i throw is hurtful, i'm just hoping it all comes together in the ring soon.

Comment

Interesting stuff man... I've never been very good at fighting southpaw, I got too stuck in my ways as orthodox.

I used to HATE fighting southpaw's aswell!... LOL!...

Advice?... I dunno man... double up with the jab, and keep your hands higher. As a southpaw, keep in the back of your mind be carefull not to get caught by the the other guy's overhand right.

Over-hand right was the punch I got most success with when fighting southpaws.

Cheers for uploading anyway man... Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
            Although i throw the lead right hook in a southpaw stance i still got the move from Wlad Klitchko, it looks nothing like what he does but the idea was so effective i just had to do it

I'm a switch hitter, i wasnt a natural southpaw but i always liked to do it, the problem was i had a **** straight left, it felt really weird throwing it, so effectively i was a one handed southpaw!! But i can honestly say its one of my most hurtful and natural punches now.

Even if you dont use the punch in sparring or a fight you shouldnt limit yourself in training, i throw every single shot i can think of on the bags. I've got to the stage were my coach says every single shot i throw is hurtful, i'm just hoping it all comes together in the ring soon.
            i do use it i throw lots of different punches
            i jsut said i dont fell comfortable yet to throw the punch more

im working on it though

Comment

Originally posted by martinwbc
              Interesting stuff man... I've never been very good at fighting southpaw, I got too stuck in my ways as orthodox.

I used to HATE fighting southpaw's aswell!... LOL!...

Advice?... I dunno man... double up with the jab, and keep your hands higher. As a southpaw, keep in the back of your mind be carefull not to get caught by the the other guy's overhand right.

Over-hand right was the punch I got most success with when fighting southpaws.

Cheers for uploading anyway man... Interesting.

f you notice i keep my left hand close to my chin when im close to my opponent

my right is the hand thats down much
              but my chin is close to my shoulder

if i get caught thne i get caught it happens
              but my defense is top notch and its getting better

Comment

i do use it i throw lots of different punches
                i jsut said i dont fell comfortable yet to throw the punch more

im working on it though
                Thats the key to success, as long as you know how to improve and have the detemination to do it you will do well.

Comment

Looks to me like you have some pretty solid defensive skills. You're good with the bobbing and weaving.

Comment

f you notice i keep my left hand close to my chin when im close to my opponent

my right is the hand thats down much
                    but my chin is close to my shoulder

if i get caught thne i get caught it happens
                    but my defense is top notch and its getting better
                    Your defence is fine, i fight the same out of the southpaw stance. I just get the left touching my chin, the right shoulder up and slip to my left when needed.

Comment

ima start fighting orthodox
                      ima try and get as good
                      i am southpaw

Comment

Working...
                      X