No announcement yet.

Hand Issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Issues

My right hand is taking a beating from working on the bag and mitts. I use Fighting 10oz bag gloves while working out. They are not that good. My right hand is boucing around inside my gloves and the inside seems to be breaking after only 2 months. Any suggestions on a good 10oz bag glove that has good protection. I wrap up really well, but my hand is hurting. Of course I don't want to stop training...I box three times a week, but make sure lately that I do not hit the bag on other days and just shadow box and do other cardio and strength training. Any suggestions on how to deal with the hand issue?

Get 12 or 14oz bag gloves instead.

Put a piece of sponge over your knuckles and then wrap over top of that.

Comment

Originally posted by danny13 View Post
      My right hand is taking a beating from working on the bag and mitts. I use Fighting 10oz bag gloves while working out. They are not that good. My right hand is boucing around inside my gloves and the inside seems to be breaking after only 2 months. Any suggestions on a good 10oz bag glove that has good protection. I wrap up really well, but my hand is hurting. Of course I don't want to stop training...I box three times a week, but make sure lately that I do not hit the bag on other days and just shadow box and do other cardio and strength training. Any suggestions on how to deal with the hand issue?
      I have the same problem but I used a grip trainer and power ball more often and that helped.

Comment

i use winning 12oz for everything except sparring

i did 12 hard rounds yesterday and i don't feel a thing today. that's what you have to buy if you want your hands flawless every time you pound the bag

they also sell this little gel pad that is really good for protection. it costs $16 and it's worth it IMO

but yeah, change those gloves. if you plan to keep using that brand, you should at least move up to their 14oz training gloves

Comment

One of the guys at my gym has been having serious pain in his right hand due to the gloves he uses. He uses an old beat up pair of 10oz bag gloves. Just get a bigger pair like 14oz or something.

Comment

I use the Winning gel pads under my hand wraps and these are a real hand saver. Get a pair of 12oz or 14oz gloves these will save your hands and also give you a good workout for your shoulders etc.

Then when you do fight in 10oz they will also feel nice and lite.

Comment

Working...
            X