Legs feel heavy /Can't use my right effectively

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legs feel heavy /Can't use my right effectively

hi guys,

Aside from stretching and warming up prior to sparring are there any suggestions for getting my legs to feel less heavy?

Also any suggestions for throwing my right? I have a hard time throwing it after connecting with a jab. It just doesn't click in my head to use that split second to throw a right. Any drills or exercises that you guy can think of?

As far as your legs go. Jump rope to get your feet lighter, plyometrics works as well (jumping on a ledge or box repeatedly). If that doesn't help, then run more. Personally, when I feel like my legs are heavy its because I skipped cardio for a while.

As far as your right hand is concerned. The only thing you can do is mitt-work. Keep throwing that right hand, just do one-twos. Over and over until you get the muscle memory down. Eventually it will just get engraved into your body and will be like second nature.

Comment

Hadn't even considered the mittwork thing thanks for that!

And I guess I'll have to run more. Would sprint intervals help or should i stick to a steady pace?

Comment

Definitely, Definitley skip rope

it makes you more coordinated, and helps your rhythm

this will make you lighter on your feet

And when you have your feet in the right place, throwing your punches in bunches feels better

Comment

Originally posted by Skuzzles View Post
          hi guys,

Aside from stretching and warming up prior to sparring are there any suggestions for getting my legs to feel less heavy?

Also any suggestions for throwing my right? I have a hard time throwing it after connecting with a jab. It just doesn't click in my head to use that split second to throw a right. Any drills or exercises that you guy can think of?
          Theres gotta be a reason it's not clicking. Afraid of being countered? A return shot coming? If not, LET YOUR HANDS GO! Throw that jab and without thinking twice about it, follow through with the right. Even more effective double up the jab and follow up. As for your legs feeling heavy, if your in shape, could it be nerves? If not, run more outside.

Comment

Working...
          X