No announcement yet.

Shadowboxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadowboxing

How important is shadowboxing? Im asking this because i hate doing it, its boring and i seem to lack a good imagination, because i have trouble imagening someone in front of me throwing punches at me all the time. And i also feel awkward doing them in the gym especially when some people are watching me...
    What are some good pointers on shadowingboxing, how can it become a good workout for me?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247043

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=248476

read these two

Comment

its very important i used to hate it but recently i started taking it seriously and i have totally changed my game since then

Comment

shadowboxing helps a lot, it makes your flow better

watch Pacman shadowbox, he is intense

Comment

Whenever you get into a fight, adrenaline starts pumping and your survival instinct takes over, there's little or conscious thought so you can forget about trying to remember what your gameplan was.

Its been proven that the brain can't distinguish between reality and a vivid imagination so if you imagine yourself in the ring with an opponent, make it as realistic as possible. Feel the head guard and gloves against your skin and visualise the sounds and smells as well, think about situations you may face in the ring and then shadowbox your reactions. You're conditioning your Muscles to do what you want in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin1 View Post
            Whenever you get into a fight, adrenaline starts pumping and your survival instinct takes over, there's little or conscious thought so you can forget about trying to remember what your gameplan was.

Its been proven that the brain can't distinguish between reality and a vivid imagination so if you imagine yourself in the ring with an opponent, make it as realistic as possible. Feel the head guard and gloves against your skin and visualise the sounds and smells as well, think about situations you may face in the ring and then shadowbox your reactions. You're conditioning your Muscles to do what you want in the ring.
            I totally agree. You should be doing it everyday. I do 4 rounds every morning at home followed by rounds at the gym in the evening. I shadow box everytime I walk past a mirror, just can't help myself.

Just remember all the champs shadow box and so should you. The more you do the more you will learn to love it.

Comment

Working...
            X