Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think about "reflex bags"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think about "reflex bags"?

Do they really have any significance? I never see any gym that has these, so they must not be anything too special. Idk.. Do any of you all use these and are they really helpful?

Originally posted by KING 2K10 View Post
    Do they really have any significance? I never see any gym that has these, so they must not be anything too special. Idk.. Do any of you all use these and are they really helpful?

i have one and its pretty fun to use when im bored. i dont really use it for serious training because its not that fast but its fun to practice your defense on it.

Comment

The reflex bag is a bastardization of the double end bag, so that big companies can market something as "boxing equiptment" and pay some big fighter like shane mosely to stand next to it. That way you pay 100 dollars for a big ball on a rubber stick.

From a technichal standpoint though, a double end bag reacts faster, keeps rhythm better, and you can move around it. A reflex bag is too slow, too wild, and if you really aimed for it, it would teach you to jab to the head, right to the hip bone, and left hook at the elbow. It's too out of control to be of real benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by oaklandstephen View Post
        i have one and its pretty fun to use when im bored. i dont really use it for serious training because its not that fast but its fun to practice your defense on it.
        Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
        The reflex bag is a bastardization of the double end bag, so that big companies can market something as "boxing equiptment" and pay some big fighter like shane mosely to stand next to it. That way you pay 100 dollars for a big ball on a rubber stick.

From a technichal standpoint though, a double end bag reacts faster, keeps rhythm better, and you can move around it. A reflex bag is too slow, too wild, and if you really aimed for it, it would teach you to jab to the head, right to the hip bone, and left hook at the elbow. It's too out of control to be of real benefit.

These were my thoughts. I was thinking it was just a down grade version of the double end bag as well..

Comment

Don't waste your time or money on them.

The only value I can see in them is wacthing my drunk mates trying to hit one.

Comment

Working...
          X