Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lower Back Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically I wouldn't do any physical activity. Pretty much everything you could possibly do would in some way involve your back.

Any idea how it happened or what you did that caused it?

Do you do any exercises to strengthen your lower back?

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
      Basically I wouldn't do any physical activity. Pretty much everything you could possibly do would in some way involve your back.

Any idea how it happened or what you did that caused it?

Do you do any exercises to strengthen your lower back?
      At the risk of sounding like a vegan hippie 60's flower power dude, I can personally attribute the benefits of yoga. Make sure it is not power or Ashtanga yoga, considering how much of a workout that is at first.

But other styles are a isometric hold involved with a stretch. It makes you more limber and strengthens the needed muscles in the correct way, form, and posture.

If you had the ability to try out a class with a WELL TRAINED/CERTIFIABLE individual, it might help you as it has me.

Comment

Hi,

I had some years ago severre problems with my lower back, too. I suffered disc hernia, could barely walk and not bend at all. I started with regular physiotherapy, it took around 6 months, but slowly got better. After finishing physiotherapy sessions, I started strengthening my core muscles - abdominals and spinal erector in the weight room and continued doing some physiotherapy exercises and stretching every day. That everything togethet alloed me to go back to the sport and now I can train boxing at the age of 46 !.
        So, the key is to work out regularly your core muscles - abs and spinals erectors, but train the whole back, too.
        Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X