No announcement yet.

Bruising on my Face.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruising on my Face.

I’ve just started back boxing after 10 months out due to work. I have been sparing I have 2 black eyes and all burst blood vestals on my forehead. The shoots I took were not hard and a lot were deflected of my gloves. When I used to spar with bigger more experienced guys who punched a lot harder I never used to get a scratch on my face. Is it because I’ve just stared back and my face has gotten softer. Will it stop after a few weeks of sparing? What can I do to stop it? Now ****** things like don’t get hit.

yea i think a lot of it has to do with u being out the gym for a lil bit... i believe the more frequently u work up a nice sweat will help with keeping the skin on ur face and body a lil bit tighter... maybe its the rust.. maybe the shots u blocked still had a lot of weight behind it... maybe u werent "rolling" off the punches??? im not too sure maybe only time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by IBox85 View Post
      yea i think a lot of it has to do with u being out the gym for a lil bit... i believe the more frequently u work up a nice sweat will help with keeping the skin on ur face and body a lil bit tighter... maybe its the rust.. maybe the shots u blocked still had a lot of weight behind it... maybe u werent "rolling" off the punches??? im not too sure maybe only time will tell
      Nah they were not big shoots man because it's the first scoring blow then swap over is what we have been doing. I know if it's a good shoot or not and they havn't been.

Comment

that's ****ed. I have no idea why that would be. Two black eyes and burst blood vessels from not so hard shots? That's weird.

The only explanation I can think of is you may be bruising easily due to a vitamin C deficiency. Or if you are on a drastic weight loss diet and are missing out on nutrients.

Comment

Get yourself one of those head guards with the cross bar over the face, I have seen alot of the top pros using these. I have also seen people using vasoline in sparring, haven't done this myself but it may help.

Comment

Working...
          X