Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size glove for training? 10oz, 14oz, or 16?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size glove for training? 10oz, 14oz, or 16?

What weight gloves do the pros use when training? 154 pounders and welter weights? What size gloves do they use for bag work? Pad work? Sparring? What do you guys think? There are many schools of though on this issue? Just curious what you all think. My trainer like to train with 10oz and spar with 14oz.

For training, the heavier the better. You'll get stronger and get used to a heavier glove.

That way when you spar the gloves feel lighter.

As far as sparring goes, it all depends on the situation. If two 154 guys were sparring I wouldnt want them wearing 14 OZ, they would kill each other with them.

Comment

I use 16 for training and 14 for sparring......

Comment

For bag work I use 12oz, but I'm only 125 lbs. If I was 154 lbs, I might consider using 14oz bag gloves. I also use my bag gloves on the mitts.

For sparring, all fighters should wear 16oz. Protects the fighters and your hands.

Comment

Wear 16oz for sparring, 10oz for bagwork and pads.

Training with heavier gloves does not make you faster, or stronger, or anything.

Comment

I use 14oz. for bag work and agree 100% ... the heavier the better with training gloves.

Comment

I use 16oz with everything, and most fighters I've seen included.

Comment

I weigh 145 and i use 14 Oz for bag work and sparring, and still my hands take a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                  I use 14oz. for bag work and agree 100% ... the heavier the better with training gloves.
                  cool home gym. would love the have one like you.

when you train with heavier gloves, then you are more comfortable with 10oz gloves in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Counter right View Post
                    Wear 16oz for sparring, 10oz for bagwork and pads.

Training with heavier gloves does not make you faster, or stronger, or anything.
                    same here and been told the same thing

Comment

Working...
                    X