Collapse
No announcement yet.

training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The power will come later, do some jogging, do some pushups, chinups and situps, that should get you prepared for the gym and a trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
      The pullups are to develop his overall upper body strength to help him in the clinches. I didn't say anything about them helping him punch harder.
      Since you were answering a question about how to develop puncing power, obviously I assumed that was what you were talking about. I guess I should have known you weren't really answering the question.

Comment

im like him ...5'3 ...90-105llbs...havent checked in a while...15 yesra old....im fast from the speed bad...good conditioning from track n field..and i have good defense...i dont rely too much on power...i just counter punch and give it all my speed....speed can win over power in any fight.

Comment

better technique and explosive power improve power, through good coaches and sprints (400,200 and 100). although u are a kid, always work 2 ya strengths man, ya stamina and speed, some guy might have heaps of power but be slow, so use ya strengths against it. Look at what RJJ did against Ruiz! Alot of great fighters never had power when they were young, thats prolly an umbrella we all come under. Tommy Hearns wasn't a renowned power puncher in amatuers eh, i know power may seem like a big issue, but i tell u, speed is power, keep punching fast and power will come.

Comment

it's good to move when avoiding, but when it's time to hit, stand on your punches, and do alot of works on focus mitts to develop accuracy. You can be the softest puncher in the world, but if you know how to hit the right spots, you can stun anyone, and break them down.

Comment

Originally posted by tyte3
              im like him ...5'3 ...90-105llbs...havent checked in a while...15 yesra old....im fast from the speed bad...good conditioning from track n field..and i have good defense...i dont rely too much on power...i just counter punch and give it all my speed....speed can win over power in any fight.
              speed can't win over power in any fight..if you think like that and you go against a heavy handed guy..your prolly gonna get knocked out cuz you think your to quick for him..hard hitters Throw One punch fast..speed people throw alot of punches fast..one punch from the big guy can do as much damage as 3 from the speed guy..it all depends on the each of there boxing styles..you can't say speed will always beat a power puncher..not to sound cocky or anything..i haven't lost..and power is pretty much all i got..i've had 131 fights and almost all of them were mostly speed..i've never even gotten hurt by one of them..they feel like little mosquito bites when they hit you because they try to be quick..they pull there punches back b4 they even hit you

Comment

if you want to gain power hit the heavier bags..and go to a gym and get a trainer..even tho you can't fight just get a trainer..punching power comes mostly from your legs and chest so when your doing workouts for them make them explosive..throw the bar up as fast as u can when you bench..

Comment

if you want to stay a speed person..GET ALOT OF STAMINA..youll always have to be moving around the ring..run atleast 3 miles a day and run 5 on the days u don't go to the gym

Comment

im 14 ur 15 k not to many people have a lot of power behind clean punches at our age speed can help soon stength will come just dolight work outs stay lean and not to bulky and soon u will be able to punch very hard and hit heavy bags with a trainer. Get low and have explosive power from ur legs

Comment

Power comes from the bodies gyration of the hips, legs, and finally the last two inches of muscle tensing action before impact. Haha sounds good on paper but it is to hard to explain without a trainer showing you. Keep up the good work...

Comment

Working...
                      X