is 2.5lbs to much to shadow box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use 5lbs for 1 roundand 2 lbs and 1 lbs all for 1 round

Comment

ive been taught not use weights while shadowboxing at all, but everyone has their opinion.

Comment

my son is 7yrs old & he shadow boxs with 5lb

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles View Post
          No more than 3 pounds ever. Abdiel is just pulling your chain; you can injure yourself using even just five pounds.
          At my gym we use... 2,3, & 4 pound weights

Me personally, i bought these gloves with weights in them, so my gloves weigh about 5/6 lbs... i just use those to practice, since ive gotta hella faster and stronger (i was already fast to beggin with, now its just riddiculous)

Comment

i use 1.5kg in each hand but i dont feel any resistance at all but the effects are there

Comment

I've used as high as 10 pounds for normal shadow boxing.

One of my first coaches told us stories of jogging with 40lb dumbells and having to throw uppercuts & hooks with them- so he had us try it to see what it was like. Hooks with 40lbs was murder, but uppers were kind of interesting.

These days I only go as high as 3 pounds and only for a couple rounds at a time. Like I said on other threads I've been having upper back problems, not sure if it's from too much shadow with weights, too much weight vest, or a combination of both.

Comment

Before I was told how train properly, I used to use 8 pound dumbells and never had any negative effects but was advised to lower the weight. Now, I shadowbox with 3 pound dumbells or resistance bands and they work fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer Of thE World View Post
                  im a 14 year old kid the shadow boxes with 2.5 lb weigts is tht to much will i hurt my shoulders?
                  yupp, you get an inflammation in both your shoulders. LAY OFF

Comment

Working...
                  X